“A real gem”

Sheeran's The Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Nightlife in Portlaoise
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I hosted our international wedding reception dinner here and it was spectacular! Everyone raved. The music, food, and drink was grand. This ain't the Ritz, and I'm damn glad it's not. It is exactly what it needs to be...fantastic!

Don't miss this gem. A lifetime of memories in a single night. Something is always shaking on Shakedown St., just gotta poke around!

Bravo! Five stars!

Date of experience: June 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Nice pub with food service and decoration. Because it's a pub in small village people tend to stare if you're not local. My wife is Spanish and we took her family there and lots of the regulars just stared at us throughout and seemed amused by Spanish being spoken. One man kept harassing my wife and her mother every time they went to the bathroom. That's not the pub's fault though…

Date of experience: August 2016
4  Thank tomnelligan
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Old family pub restaurant with nice ambiance, good food, good service and atmosphere, and a very ample parking lot! Once you've eaten there, you will return.

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank pride0fp0land
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Nestled at the foot of the Sliabh Bloom Mountains, home to the legendary young Fionn MacCumhaill, well worth the visit. Open fires, friendly faces, pints of the black stuff and ceoil and cainte.

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank Ray H
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2015

Had a wonderful Tuesday evening in Sheeran's, never experienced such a warm welcome before, possibly the best evening of my life and spurred me to write this my first Trip Advisor review. The Landlord is a real gent and the locals are so friendly. Word fail to describe the evening, music and singing around the log fire. Happy memories!!!

Date of experience: July 2015