“A real gem”

Ranked #3 of 3 Ashbourne B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A real gem”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This B&B is a real gem! Rod made us feel welcome from the second we arrived! There was 5 of us staying the night and we were on a Hen party! Rod offered us a fantastic rate two rooms next to each other which made it easy for us to all be together!
The rooms were great, spotless and same goes for the bathroom!
The grounds were really nice and maintained well! we sat out on the grass in the front in the sun and it was lovely and peaceful!
Rod even helped us change the wheel after we had got a Puncture!
Location is great only 5 mins from Ashbourne town!
The breakfast unfortunatly I didn't make it! (due to a hangover!) but the other girls said it was lovely and plenty to choose from!

All in all.. lovely place and we will most definatly be back! :)

Thank you to Rod and all the staff! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I see that there are mixed review on this B/B, it had its ups and its down's! I arrived around 12.0pm and asked would it be possible to access the room, this was granted and Rob helped me to carry my cases in from the car, explained the going's on re breakfast and also heating microwave food if you wanted it. He also advised on restaurants, how to get to places etc, in fact a very helpful man. Room was clean, bed comfortable (flies the only problem - spray sorted them out), and yes there was a small boy trying to swat flies :-( No idea why there were so many of them in the building, maybe it was the Pine hedge outside.
I was most grateful that they take dogs and will certainly use the B/B again if in the area.
Many thanks, and yes I did get my M50 toll payment sorted at the garage.

Room Tip: Ground floor has noise from upstairs as you would expect, back of the hotel would be better as its a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Imagine it - I arrive here, into a dark dismal hallway, at the end of which is a dark 'office' in the kitchen, and no greeting except to ask for my name and 'that'll be €x'. Yep - get the money in first.

Room was small, well used (dirty walls, windows) but I slept well. The bathroom (shower room) (1m x 3m) was disgusting - dirty, cheap liquid 'soap' in an almost dispenser, not even clean, and the shower was also dirty.

Breakfast? - Went down at 8AM. The Greeting? - 'You make your own tea/coffee and put your own bread in the toaster in the kitchen' (which wasn't clean, and not even tidy). So after waiting for 5 minutes for the kettle to boil, I made my way to a table. The sugar bowl - well there was all sorts of stuff in it - crumbs and other 'things' - and right the way through. So no sugar. Room had many resident flies - many! After 10 minutes, still no sign of a cooked breakfast (I was the first one in), and a family arrived in, and one of the kids proceeded to get a fly swatter from the kitchen and marched around the 'dining room' trying to swat flies.

I'd have my doubts about the 'positive' reviews here. This place is NOT one I'd recommend - it is dirty, unwelcoming, 'get the money first'. On the back of the bedroom door there is a Failte Ireland 'Maximum Price' notice. The maximum price (i kid you now' entered on that list is €0.00 - yes €0.00. And I thoroughly agree.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank FrequentBBuser

Travellers are raving about these Ashbourne hotels

Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for somewhere to rest our heads whilst attending a wedding. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. They allowed us to check in early so ad to get ready which was much appreciated. It is excellent value for money. I spoke to allowed family who were staying in the self contained apartments and said they were great. The rooms are basic but what do you expect for the price. The only negative was cleanliness of bathroom. The walls were stained yellow with water drops, the shower tray had hairs in it and was full of mould. The beds were clean and comfortable and overall good stay. The breakfast was nice also and very filling. Very close to Tayto Park etc.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MegW87
Ashburton, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was just what we needed. A great host that made us feel so welcome, and nothing was a problem. Great advise on where to eat and what to see. Even allowed the boys to watch the New Zealand vs England rugby game. Rooms were clean and well presented, and Rod's not bad at cooking breakfast either. Thanks Rod for a great couple of days and the banter.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Donabate, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We've been at Aisling guest house for three weeks while searching for an accommodation in Dublin area. I have to say that it has been a very good choice. Clean rooms, honest prices and very honest owner.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the back in order to avoid noise from the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We made a reservation for this b&b quite a significant number of months ago for a wedding, our reservation was accepted and confirmed.
Turned out they either didnt want our reservation because maybe we were staying just one night instead of two, we are not sure, because we were never contact by aisling b&b, we arrived after wedding at aisling guesthouse, no one would answer the door or the telephone number as the phone was switched off, the owner had asked another b&b owner that morning to take us. thankfully that owner made contact with us at 3pm wondering where we were, the other b&b owner who kindly took us in had to tell us that he was asked to take us just that morning.

I will certainly not recommend this place as they cant even take accountability and contact people themselves or even apologies, very juvenile behaviour.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sarah W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
#1 of 1 in Tyrrelstown

Been to Aisling Guest House? Share your experiences!