“A fantastic place to stay and close to tayto park.”

Aisling Guest House
Ranked #3 of 3 Ashbourne B&B and Inns
“A fantastic place to stay and close to tayto park.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very pleased with my stay. Very child friendly. Would stay here again it was easy to get to everywhere. All staff were friendly. Rooms were lovely and had everything I needed to make life easy traveling with 2 young children.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

we had a short break to visit family locally and stayed at the Aisling guest house. The accomodation was large and spacious. We had a family room with a double bed and two single beds which were clean and well presented, the en-suite bathroom was also large and very clean. The room included tea/coffee making facilities, which were replenished each day, a micro wave oven and a small fridge. There is plenty of parking and, to the rear, pretty views overlooking countryside. The Breakfast was very generous and very good. For us one of the best features was they accepted pets. The owner was in attendance most of the time and was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend the Aisling guest house.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights two adults and one child.
Owner and staff very helpful during our stay.
Location ideal for visiting Tayto park,National aquatic center,Funtasia and Dublin Zoo.
Our room was a bit on the small side for three of us,lovely breakfast served every morning,the only downside were the flies in the breakfast room,which im sure could be sorted with some fly spray in the mornings before breakfast.
Other than that our stay was enjoyable and would definately return.

Room Tip: Try to choose upstairs or the rooms at the back of house.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This B&B is a real gem! Rod made us feel welcome from the second we arrived! There was 5 of us staying the night and we were on a Hen party! Rod offered us a fantastic rate two rooms next to each other which made it easy for us to all be together!
The rooms were great, spotless and same goes for the bathroom!
The grounds were really nice and maintained well! we sat out on the grass in the front in the sun and it was lovely and peaceful!
Rod even helped us change the wheel after we had got a Puncture!
Location is great only 5 mins from Ashbourne town!
The breakfast unfortunatly I didn't make it! (due to a hangover!) but the other girls said it was lovely and plenty to choose from!

All in all.. lovely place and we will most definatly be back! :)

Thank you to Rod and all the staff! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I see that there are mixed review on this B/B, it had its ups and its down's! I arrived around 12.0pm and asked would it be possible to access the room, this was granted and Rob helped me to carry my cases in from the car, explained the going's on re breakfast and also heating microwave food if you wanted it. He also advised on restaurants, how to get to places etc, in fact a very helpful man. Room was clean, bed comfortable (flies the only problem - spray sorted them out), and yes there was a small boy trying to swat flies :-( No idea why there were so many of them in the building, maybe it was the Pine hedge outside.
I was most grateful that they take dogs and will certainly use the B/B again if in the area.
Many thanks, and yes I did get my M50 toll payment sorted at the garage.

Room Tip: Ground floor has noise from upstairs as you would expect, back of the hotel would be better as its a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Imagine it - I arrive here, into a dark dismal hallway, at the end of which is a dark 'office' in the kitchen, and no greeting except to ask for my name and 'that'll be €x'. Yep - get the money in first.

Room was small, well used (dirty walls, windows) but I slept well. The bathroom (shower room) (1m x 3m) was disgusting - dirty, cheap liquid 'soap' in an almost dispenser, not even clean, and the shower was also dirty.

Breakfast? - Went down at 8AM. The Greeting? - 'You make your own tea/coffee and put your own bread in the toaster in the kitchen' (which wasn't clean, and not even tidy). So after waiting for 5 minutes for the kettle to boil, I made my way to a table. The sugar bowl - well there was all sorts of stuff in it - crumbs and other 'things' - and right the way through. So no sugar. Room had many resident flies - many! After 10 minutes, still no sign of a cooked breakfast (I was the first one in), and a family arrived in, and one of the kids proceeded to get a fly swatter from the kitchen and marched around the 'dining room' trying to swat flies.

I'd have my doubts about the 'positive' reviews here. This place is NOT one I'd recommend - it is dirty, unwelcoming, 'get the money first'. On the back of the bedroom door there is a Failte Ireland 'Maximum Price' notice. The maximum price (i kid you now' entered on that list is €0.00 - yes €0.00. And I thoroughly agree.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank FrequentBBuser
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for somewhere to rest our heads whilst attending a wedding. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. They allowed us to check in early so ad to get ready which was much appreciated. It is excellent value for money. I spoke to allowed family who were staying in the self contained apartments and said they were great. The rooms are basic but what do you expect for the price. The only negative was cleanliness of bathroom. The walls were stained yellow with water drops, the shower tray had hairs in it and was full of mould. The beds were clean and comfortable and overall good stay. The breakfast was nice also and very filling. Very close to Tayto Park etc.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MegW87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Travelodge Phoenix Park
Travelodge Phoenix Park
#2 of 3 in Castleknock
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Aisling Guest House? Share your experiences!