“Satisfaction”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashbourne
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Satisfaction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying for a couple of nights at the Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne, when I travelled with a group of ladies to attend the World Flower Arranging Show at the RDS in Dublin. I was very pleased with the hotel facilities which were excellent, the staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and hope to return again myself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Helen W,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and take great pride and satisfaction from another 5 out of 5 rating.
Greatly appreciated.

Darrell Penney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
Crossgar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here whilst attending the World Flower Show at the RDS. Room was spacious and very clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I was with a tour so the
meals were from a set menu. They were good quality and varied. I will return again with my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear JoanM,

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and that you and your group enjoyed dining with us also. We certainly enjoyed having you for the few days.

Thank you once again!

Crumlin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Have had a lovely time at the Pillo Ashbourne ...Was staying as one of a group visiting RDS Dublin...never heard.a compliant from anyone...everywhere was spotlessly clean ......beds comfortable......food superb...... served by friendly helpfull staff..... reception always maned and helpful staff...... great place to base ones self for visiting Dublin ....if you don't want to stay in city center.... bus stop close by the hotel if you don't want take.your car...

Dear Sandra W,

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for all the positive comments with regard to the hotel.

Greatly appreciated.

Holmrook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to attend a friends wedding. We had a great stay, the room was spacious, clean and well equipped. The bed was really comfy. We were on the 5th floor and it was really quiet. The receptionist on arrival was lovely and friendly and sorted out our reservation at a nearby Italian restaurant . We found the bar staff and waiting staff very helpful and friendly. We ate in the Grill restaurant on the Saturday as part of our package. The food was outstanding and service great. Having been a bit apprehensive reading the poor reviews from some of the guests who have stayed, I am sure they must have been reviewing the wrong hotel, or maybe if they changed their attitude towards people they may get treated better!! Overall a great hotel, great staff, good location and I know speaking with other guests at the wedding they loved it t. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: 5th floor and non smoking. We originally got a smoking room, they moved us immediately.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lesleyR,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

Obviously I was delighted with a 5 out of 5 rating and your positive comments regarding the outstanding food and staff were very warmly received. I will be sure to pass these on to the Management & Staff.

Many thanks once again and I look forward to seeing you back at The Pillo Hotel soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here on the 13th of June , we had a meal in the restaurant and it was excellent . Staff very friendly and rooms very clean and fairly big .I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it is very child friendly .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 74willow
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear 74willow,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.
I was delighted to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your meal in the hotel restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for a wedding and while the hotel is beautiful - the staff leave a lot to be desired. They were rude, unhelpful and just down right ignorant to their guests.
We arrived the day before the wedding and when we arrived at reception I was told I had to pay up front as I was paying with cash, clearly states when booking that you pay balance at 'check out' - My partner said he had to go to cash machine and reception said, well i cant hold the room you have to pay now - we also asked if he could leave a deposit and again we were told no. After eating breakfast the morning of the wedding my partner got sick and spent the day in the room - missing the wedding. I complained to the manager about the way we were treated when we arrived at the hotel and all she did was say 'im sorry' i will send you a lunch voucher - we live in Limerick....
I had left a cardigan in the room and realized it as soon as the door was closed behind me, asked the cleaning lady who was in the corridor, could I run back in for it and I was told no - I asked at reception as was told no. I had to leave without my cardigan...... Disgraceful behavior from the staff....

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
Dear Chara13shaz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I received your email direct to the hotel and have replied to all issues highlighted.

Thank you for the much valued feedback.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night here with family last weekend. Found staff to be very friendly and accommodating and check in was very efficient. Room was 515 which was an executive suite..very spacious and kids loved it. Leisure centre was great and bar food lovely. Overall great experience and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014
Dear darcy6,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and having used all of the onsite facilities, you found all to be of a very high standard.

I have passed your comments on to the management & Staff who will be just as delighted with the feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,
Darrell Penney,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
Ashbourne Court Hotel
Ashbourne House Hotel
Ashbourne House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashbourne
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Pillo Hotel Ashbourne? Share your experiences!