Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,682 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morninglovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiescouldn't faultsaturday nightwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently availed of the family package with tayto, zoo and funtasia tickets. This is excellent value for a family of 4, even for us as a family of 3. Hotel nicely situated for all three parks. Rooms large and very clean. Beds very comfy. Bring extra clothes hangers with you as not many. Staff nice, Breakfast was grand but drawback for me was menu selection as no vegetarian dish but 1 salad (with meat) on both the restaurant and red bar menus. A veg stirfry or pasta would suffice so I was dissappointed to be easting mushrooms and salad all weekend. Otherwise hotel is very nice, but if you are vegetarian one is better to go go into Ashbourne for a meal. The kiddies menu was good though. There is a cinema within walking distance and an applegreen service station and shop with deli and subway sandwich bar. If we are travelling to Tatyto Park or Funtasia again which I intend to do, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Triona_7
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Triona_7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Due to our proximity to Tayto Park, Dublin Zoo & Funtasia our 3 night package remains extremely popular with families.
I have noted your comments with regard to the Vegetarian options and will speak with our Head Chef with regard to increasing the selection and options.

I am delighted to learn you will return to the Pillo Hotel & Spa in Ashbourne & I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hidden gem of a hotel very clean comfortable and friendly. Great offers in spa and excellent treatments. Great pool facilities. Large bedrooms and very very comfortable beds. We had a great offer which included an evening meal which was a very good selection on menu.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear sunsunsun07,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I was delighted you enjoyed your time with us & I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Pillo Hotel was a very pleasant hotel to stay in. The cleanliness was excellent.The rooms were always tidy and clean every morning. the food was always hot and plenty of it a very spacious hotel every where . The air condition worked so you had a pleasant nights sleep. the staff couldn't have done any more for you especially the girls who served our table at dinner time they were very helpful and were very pleasant.I have been in hotels before where your plate was left down and that was it the girls in this hotel always came back to make sure you had everything you needed. i had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. Thankyou and i would stay again if i'm down that way

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 350cindy
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear 350cindy,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased you enjoyed dining with us and had plenty of positive comments with regard to the staff.

I do hope we see you back at The Pillo Hotel again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 kids. Every single member of staff were exceptionally pleasant and just super! I didn't think such hotels existed anymore in Ireland with every member of staff so pleasant. Rooms were fab, food both at breakfast and dinner was superb. It was a pleasure to stay at the Pillo, we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ARC71,

I was delighted to read such wonderful comments with regard to the hotel staff and food, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pillo Hotel in yje not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean, helpful staff,and great family deals for visit to funtaisia water park, would give a 5 out of 5 but bathrooms need some regrouting.but would stay again great time had by all of the family.Will be coming back when visiting tayto park.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anthony I,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for all the positive comments with regard to the hotel.

I will be sure to have a look at the grout in the bathrooms - Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I do hope we see you back at The Pillo Hotel again soon!