“We loved the peace and tranquility”

Castle Leslie Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glaslough
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Oh how we loved this little piece of bygone Ireland, no tv, no noise, just peace and a lovely view from the nursery room where we overlooked the lake. Sir John (Jack) took breakfast in his red dressing gown with guests each morning. I shall be back again, anyone who likes noise and being in the hub can stay at the gatehouse close by. Be warned there is no lift to the top floor but the exercise did me good.

Room Tip: The Red room is where Sir Paul McCartney stayed
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1summerholiday
Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 4 July 2011

My granddaughter and I spent two nights in "The Nursery" at Castle Leslie. The beds were great and the stay was wonderful. I was made to feel very welcome and immediately felt very comfortable there. The staff was very sweet and helpful. The grounds were beautiful. We had a family wedding rehearsal dinner and reception there. It was magnificent.

I will return to Castle Leslie. It is my new favorite destination.

Room Tip: Contact Castle Leslie regarding your requirements.
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I attended a family wedding in the Castle, though we stayed in the Lodge which is just at the entrance to this beautiful Estate. It was our first visit to Ireland and we were totally blown away by the experience. The Castle is a unique venue for a wedding, the setting is amazing, the food was excellent and it was a memorable day.
Our experience in the Lodge was exceptional! The staff are a credit to the Estate and management. We have to mention Dwanye our waiter in the bar where we had a snack at lunchtime. In the Victorian Spa we met Sinead and Edel both ladies were professional, friendly, we left relaxed and refreshed after our treatments. We dined that evening in Snaffles Restaurant, what an experience! from the moment we arrived upstairs we were treated like kings! The staff (Kevin, Mary and Niall) were wonderful, friendly, attentive, professional yet not intrusive. It was obvious they were a well oiled team who enjoyed their work. Breakfast was amazing, we loved the rustic buffet display! Tara our waitress both days was lovely!
We also have to thank Louise on reception, and Agnes.
We loved our visit to the Estate, and the Lodge staff made it extra special, it was the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed in the "Desmond Room" which was a big spacious room & we had a nice view across the field looking towards the lake.The castle is lovely,staff were nice & friendly & there was a good choice on the breakfast menu....the banana bread was beautful.The view out the window from the breakfast room was fab on this suuny morning .We really enjoyed our overnight break in this quirky old castle.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We visited Castle Leslie again this year and went on two cross country rides with Dermot & co. My daughter is now 13 and we just had the greatest time. Jumping out of the lake was our favorite.

We also though that the food in Snaffle and the Bar was better than ever. The Lodge/Hotel and surrounding, of course, was as stunning as ever! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I visited Castle Leslie for a family wedding I was attending and I was completely blown away by the place. My husband and I stayed in The Lodge, the room was spotless and beautifully decorated with its own balcony.

We headed up to The Castle for the wedding and it is absolutely stunning, the grounds are amazing.

The food at the wedding was superb, and the next morning at breakfast, the choice was great too, I'm a vegetarian, so normally breakfast choices in hotels are limited for me, but they offer a vegetarian Irish fry, french toast or crepes, delicious.

I honestly cannot recommend Castle Leslie enough, it is exceptional, also just a mention about the staff, they are superb, so helpful and friendly, they can't do enough to help. My experience of Castle Leslie has left my with a huge smile on my face and some very happy memories, I cannot wait to return to, it is outstanding. Also anyone considering having a wedding here, do not hesitate.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The moment you pull into the grounds of Castle Leslie you realize this place is something special. The grounds are stunning and the building itself simply oozes old world grandeur and character.
We were led to our room by the receptionist which we felt was a lovely personal touch. We were allocated the Chinese room which was just wow. It was beautifully decorated, luxurious and meticulously clean.
The castle is simply steeped in history which is evident in every single room. We literally spent hours exploring!
We ate in the elegant dining room where we experienced exceptional service. The food was fabulous if a little pricey. We also had coffees in the snaffles restaurant which is much more casual and wallet friendly!
Lovely staff, great food, amazing location and a truly unique experience. This is one of the best hotels in the country.
I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toyotacarina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glaslough
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Ashleigh House
Ashleigh House
#4 of 4 in Monaghan
Corick House Hotel & Spa

Been to Castle Leslie Estate? Share your experiences!