We booked a 5 night stay at Castle Leslie just 2 weeks before the departure date after reading about an offer in a free local newspaper. The package was for 2 adults and 2 children and included horseriding for the children, dinner on one night in the hotel's bar, a beauty treatment from each of the adults and a carriage ride around the estate. We were not disappointed. The village house, part of the Castle Leslie estate, was luxurious - 4 double bedrooms, 2 of which ensuite and a separate bathroom for family use. There was also a large washroom on the ground floor. The decor was contemporary and every room co-ordinated with the next and the furnishing were very comfortable and attractive. There were 2 living rooms and a huge kitchen with seating for up to 8 people around the table. The welcome pack was very generous - chocolates, wine, beer, popcorn, crisps, dips, butter, milk, bread - and there was a great selection of dvds for the kids.
Location was great - the children's play area across the street was well kept and included the usual swings, slides, climbing equipment plus a tennis and basketball court and football nets. It was also within handy staggering distance of the pubs and small grocery shop.
Staff couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful. Even our noisy children weren't a bother to them!
The kids loved the pony club, which included stable management sessions and a hack around the estate. When we came to collect them after their two hour sessions, their little faces were lit up after a thoroughly enjoyable morning.
For only €980, we thought this holiday was worth every single cent and we plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan