Just spent a lovely night at Castle Leslie for Valentines weekend. The place is pretty remote and you really feel like you can relax and unwind there, the grounds are beautifully maintained and we enjoyed a refreshing walk around the estate - remember to bring appropriate footwear as it can get pretty muddy! I can't emphasise enough how stunning the grounds are.
The food was fabulous in Snaffles restaurant, although as others have mentioned it is a shame the Castle restaurant has closed as I am sure that offers another totally unique experience.
The room was so comfortable, and beautifully decorated. My only slight comment would be that we were a little surprised there was no turn-down service that evening.
We enjoyed spa treatments which were excellent, and the spa staff were just lovely and very professional.
Thanks to all of you. We will definitely be back, this is really a hidden gem and SO worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan