Our Superior room at the Lodge, Castle Leslie was beautiful; seating, desk, dressing table, a bathroom with a lovely roll bath and a large wet-room type shower. Also a wonderful large balcony with the best view of the stables, as requested. Even we overlooked the stables from a level above, throughout stay all that we were aware of was a warm oaty and pleasant horse/leather smell. The stables were amazingly clean!
Tasty cooked breakfast buffet, though we didn't have time to wait for an order of eggs benedict which took too long. My 2 hr horse ride was magnificent and tailored to my requirements due to a pre-arrival questionnaire.
We booked kayaking on lake that afternoon - Dave was a wonderful instructor (our first time!) Lake to ourselves and felt free when Dave encouraged us to choose our own route. Dave also took excellent photos which he emailed to us straight away. Enjoyed our complimentary hot whiskey in the Castle drawing room afterwards!
We not only shocked ourselves by how much activity we had achieved in one day. Chatting to the passing Housekeeper - she arrived 1 minute later with a new box of Radox (muscle soak!) including a quick relax in the outdoor hot-tub - it worked!!
Our six course meal was delicious! Choice and standard was superb. (And the gin promotion was spot on!)
Breakfast smoked salmon and scrambled eggs made up for missing the Benedict previously.
Staff at the spa were so caring, they make you feel relaxed before you even book! I loved my seaweed bath - my muscles still needed it!
Congratulations to every individual member of staff at Castle Leslie because it was clear that they are the root of the whole experience. Throughout, all of the staff at Castle Leslie were outstanding in their professionalism and friendliness.
We'll be back! Again and again! B&I
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan