I stayed here for a one night break with my wife and was bowled over by the castle, its grounds and the reception we received from the staff. This authentic castle is a wonderful setting for a hotel and it positively brims with character and the eccentricity of the Leslie family. Our room in the lower part of the hotel was the most individual I have ever stayed in and boasted not having a television as a feature (one I was happy enough with). The décor and fittings were largely a one-of and it had most of the ordinary luxuries one would expect of a high-quality hotel. However, the lack of any in-room coffee making facilities was a little disappointing. We ate in the Raffles Restaurant, which to my surprise was not in the hotel itself, but in another part of the complex on the grounds of the castle. Transport was provided on request. The food was excellent, if a little expensive, although the restaurant itself was very noisy, and lacked intimacy. My wife was not impressed with the open kitchen aspect of the design. The service was good. Breakfast was superb and available from the dinning-room in the caste itself - a pity it is not used for dinner. If you want a special, relaxing and different hotel stay definitely try Castle Leslie, but be prepared to eat in a separate venue in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan