I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Hunting Lodge in Glaslough. From the word go, the check in staff were extremely friendly & helpful. We were so impressed by the decor of the hotel -especially the lobby area. Our room was beautiful, and the bathroom was like a mini-spa with its slipper bath & old style - very in keeping with the entire hotels theme.
Our meal in the bar was very over priced - we had 2 burger meals & 3 beers which totalled €36...It was nice, but not worth that! Breakfast was lovely - very enjoyable & good irish grub!
Otherwise, we had a lovely night - very relaxing, and felt very refreshed leaving. I would definitely recommend it to anyone - but in particular - those of you looking a romantic quiet break!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan