The hunting lodge looked lovely and I wish we had stayed there. We were in the very expensive Castle. Its difficult to describe this place, faded grandeur in a beautiful setting may be apt. However the room we stayed in is reminiscent of a very nice B&B, not a fabulous hotel. The amenities in the room were poor, the furniture scuffed and not antique but just old. There were rugs and furnitures which I would have thrown out years ago. Food was very good, staff were attentive but there was just an odd atmosphere about the place, ithe weather was also bad and left us unable to explore and with no TVs or internet we maybe got a bit bored - but all of us? Other people we spoke to said they also would not return, yet it is difficult to say what's wrong. Perhaps there are now too many 5 star hotels of this nature in Ireland that really deserve rave reviews and this place compares very unfavourably. The equestrian centre did look fabulous but the first thing I saw walking into the cookery school was a rodent trap of some kind and there was also one in our bedroom, very obvious to the eye - gross!!! I had a spa treatment which was nice but the facilities in it would not warrant 2 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan