Free cancellation until 25/07
US$111
US$103
US$98
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

US$123
US$158
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
  • Free Breakfast
Philmar House(Ballincar)
Agoda.com
1,912 results
All reviewsrosses pointa business class roomrelaxation roombar foodlovely hotelleisure centrewedding receptionthermal suitesteam roommain courseboth morningstop classben bulbenlast weekendone night staybar stafffollowing morning
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Went to this Hotel on Friday until Sunday for a Irish and Country music weekend. The Hotel had been invaded by about 500 people. Although there was a lot of people the Hotel managed everything superbly. We had a Gala dinner on the Saturday night and ate the best Irish roast beef I have ever tasted..It was to die for. The rooms are very spacious with TV air con etc.. I cannot find anything to complain about with the Radisson Blu Hotel. It stands in its own grounds overlooking Sligo Bay, very beautiful scenery.Would definitely return here. A wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: We were in Room 234 which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

When in Sligo this is a regular hotel for me. The hotel setting is amazing with lovely views. There is plenty parking. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are fine, clean with nice bathrooms. the food in the hotel is very good the menu is huge and at this point i think i have tried everything and all was lovely. The facilities at hotel are good and open late. Will definately staff here again

Room Tip: A room if possible looking out over Rosses Point
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed here this week on a business trip. It was not my first stay at this hotel, but I make a point of going back every time I visit Sligo as I lurve the place!
The location of the hotel is second to none, with a stunning view over Sligo bay which gives spectacular sunsets out into the Atlantic. It is about 5 minutes in the car to Sligo town centre, and reception will happily organise a taxi for you.
The staff are always courteous and pleasant and the rooms are very spacious and luxurious. The bathroom is pretty much all marble and the shampoo etc is very nice. The room comes with a minibar and safe etc and they staff will do their upmost to get you whatever you need. The only issue I had with the room was the air-con. However much i increased the temp, the room was still freezing so I ended up just turning it off most days.
I ate at the restaurant as well as the bar and personally prefered the bar area as it is more casual. I could happily tap away on my laptop whilst enjoying a beer and a burger. If you do eat in the bar, try the bruschetta with goats cheese to start - it was very very nice.
All in all, my stay was uneventful - which is the best type of stay!!
I know I will return to Sligo on business in the future, and will not hesitate to book the Radisson again.

Room Tip: I have heard that room 307 is the best. It is on the top floor and is the right most room so has the best views over the bay. If not the room above, then make sure you have one with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chazzer1980
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have stayed in this particular Radisson a number of times, but last night I was really blown away by the customer service on the check in desk and in the Bar. Talk about courteous, pleasant, polite and attentive.... I would have most definitely given the 5 star rating except the room had a couple of quite unsightly stains on the light coloured carpet. Brilliant hotel, cannot wait to return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed for a midweed break in August. On first impressions of the hotel we were not sure if we were at the front or the back when we arrived in the car park. At reception, staff were very friendly and helpful. As we made our way to our room we passed offices in the corridor with windows looking out to the corridor which was strange to say the least. The pool etc were nice and breakfast was fantastic.
The hotel is located a few miles outside Sligo town which we were not fully aware of. A taxi ride on the way in cost us €14 while the same taxi ride home with someone else only cost €7.50!!!
Not exactly what I'd expect from a Radisson Hotel but our stay was fine all the same.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple