“Kids loved pool”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballincar
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent two nights here in July with two kids. Room was large and well equipped. Sleep quality very good and simple to work AC made sure we didn't overheat. Breakfast was very busy on both mornings but was good. However fruit and yogurt choices for kids was limited. Hotel was extremely busy overall due to weddings but staff coped admirably. Special mention for staff in Leisure Centre - they were excellent and made our kids very welcome which is not always the case for kids at hotel pools.
Our only little gripe was in hotel bar where we intended to eat on Saturday evening. Table was filthy and sticky where something had obviously spilled. Waiter greeted us and provided menus which he left on table. Both menus stuck to table and made loud audible noise when we lifted them up. No attempt was made to wipe or clean our table. We left and ate elsewhere. The dim lighting could only be offered as a partial excuse. Otherwise a great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Just a short 5 minute drive to beach at Rosses Point or back into Sligo town for shopping.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SJPDublin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Have stayed in this hotel on and off for the last two years and have enjoyed each and every stay. From the time you book in until the morning you leave the staff from every department do their utmost to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Facilities are great and the leisure centre is always spotless. I would recommend this hotel for either business or family breaks or in my case for a combined trip

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at the above hotel and I have to say we were impressed. Comfortable, clean and very efficiently run. Beds are so comfy! This Radisson Blu is in a perfect spot for sampling the delights of the town and county Sligo:- Benbulben mountain and forest, Glencar waterfall, Rosses Point beach, Drumcliff church and graveyard. Could not fault this hotel as it catered to all our needs. Especially enjoyed a leisurely swim in the hotel pool - very clean and relaxing. TV/Radio provision was a bit antiquated and limited, but that's just a minor quibble - Free Wifi throughout. Staff both at reception and room-service extremely accommodating. We could not recommend this hotel strongly enough!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife always look forward to our annual visit to Sligo - up until now staying in the Radisson has been a key part of that trip.

However, not again, unfortunately we have just left after a very disappointing two night stay in an executive room with dinner on one night.

A core gripe for me is the inherent lack of consistency in the service and facilities provided. Take for example some customers given vouchers for a cheaper return visit - despite having stayed here on business and personal visits over a dozen times I have never been afforded such a facility - reward loyalty but do so even handedly.

Likewise our so called executive room had the bare necessities in terms of towels, no water originally, so called superior toilet supplies which weren't, no newspaper delivered despite it being part of the package.

The rooms were not especially clean. The Delph in the loos need scouring and bleach treatment. Higher places in the bath/shower are not clean. Towels and robes are not crisp and white. We raised these issues on our first day nothing happened.

I also wonder why the restaurant and bar are not on this site - I would have something especially to say about the Classiebawn.

I could let the foregoing pass if I thought I was valued as a customer by ALL the staff, I wasn't - it was a disappointing experience. Lack of eye contact, empathy and a little more customer connection, listening and being a little more friendly especially in the main restaurant would have made a difference, a huge difference.

Lack of management on the ground didn't help, leadership and a little direction would have made a big difference.

Thanks for the memories Radisson, won't be back, won't advocate you again.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank DanIelDMan
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear DanlelDMan,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to return to the hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am terribly saddened and indeed most embarrassed to learn of your experience here.

I would like to apologise to you and your wife most sincerely and I would like to assure you that this is most definitely not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the hotel. I am sure that you can see that from the general trend in relation to the other comments left on tripadvisor and from your own previous visits, that your recent experience is certainly not the norm here in the hotel.

For this reason I am most anxious to chat with your good self in person – firstly to thank you for the feedback; however my main objective is to attempt to regain your confidence with the hotel.

I would be most appreciative if you had time to discuss this further with me, my number here at the hotel is 0719140008 or my email is seamus.preston@radissonblu.com

Kind regards,

Seamus Preston

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

this was the second time we stayed at the hotel on arrival we had to wait over half an hour for our room which was a little disappointing as they were busy.Room clean small but adequate for one night.We didn't have time this visit to enjoy the spa or pool but we very much enjoyed our dinner and breakfast overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nice hotel, front of house very welcoming and helpful. Bar staff also very friendly. However I was very disappointed in the spa and in particular the therapist I had as she was very abrupt, not at all welcoming and generally not very nice. My sister also had same girl and experienced same abrupt attitude and as a result we had a very disappointing experience as the main purpose of our trip was to have relaxing spa treatments. Therapist name was Hazel. However the rest of my gang had a very nice experience with lovely therapists. My sister was celebrating her 60th birthday and it was a shame that she was treated like this and as a result will not be back.

2  Thank 400kate500
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear 400kate500,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on tripadvisor and firstly I would like to wish your sister a very Happy 60th Birthday.

I would like to apologise most sincerely about the way in which you and your sister were greeted when you entered Solas Spa for your treatments. Having spoken to our Spa Manager, I know she has since contacted you to apologise and she looks forward to welcoming you both back to Solas Spa very soon when I hope we will exceed your expectations in all aspects of your visit.

I am glad to read that you liked the hotel and found the front of house and bar staff to be very friendly. I am very lucky to have such a great team working with me here in the hotel!

I am genuinely sorry for your spa experience and I would appreciate if you could pass on my apologies to your sister. Once again thank you for your feedback and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Seamus Preston

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights on a golf trip, did Enniscrone and Rosses Point while staying there-

Had a great breakfast both mornings, rooms were quiet, peaceful, easy access. Parking was plentiful, stopped in the pub to watch the Cup final, was quite crowded but pulled a decent pint.

Staff was helpful, and city center has some good restaurants-

No worries at all.

1  Thank keith g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballincar
The Glasshouse
2 mi away
Sligo City Hotel
Sligo City Hotel
#7 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo? Share your experiences!