“What a great place!”

Island View Riding Stables
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Grange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For the time of your life on horseback! Island View is a family run Trekking centre and riding school that offer horse riding for all- beginners or experienced, children or adults. Beach rides, lessons, day rides to the stables' private island, residential holiday packages and short breaks are available all year round.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The linchpin of our family trip to Ireland was three days riding, as our girls love horseback riding and we love being around horses. Each day the girls came back from their 3 - 5 hour ride with huge smiles on their faces and "best day ever" descriptions. I took carriage driving lessons from Ursula and she is a wonderful teacher and runs a great barn with great staff. I cannot recommend it enough, whether you are a novice at riding or expert. The staff is great, the horses are terrific, and the scenery amazing.

bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks, Barb,for the lovely review. It was a pleasure having you (or as they say in Irish English " yeese" ) ladies here . I hope you will keep up the good connection with the box seat and the horses mouth and I wish the girls good luck with your new horse.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Back in May, where does the time go (?) a family friend and I decided short notice to go riding. Island View were instantly friendly and accommodating and slotted us in to a suitable morning ride. Our horses were well chosen, with spark, but completely controllable, and after signing up and saddling up we were off! Our leader Ursula was knowledgeable and adapted the ride to the abilities in the group. Beaches, dunes, mountain foothills and stunning views - a wonderful 2 hours.

1  Thank NaiShep
bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We are happy to take clients at short notice - subject to availability of course - so a ride on the beach is only just a phone call away!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying an hour ride here 2 weeks ago... it was the most wonderful experience. I had not been on a horse in about 15 years and the staff here were exceptional in making everyone feel safe, and at ease. They were extremely helpful and friendly. We had the chance to ride along the nearby country lanes and then onto the beach. Our group was made up of people of all ages and everyone really enjoyed the experience - the horses also seemed very well looked after. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

1  Thank Mary0_11209

Thanks very much for your lovely review. It means a lot to us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I wanted some quiet time outside the cities and longer rides. So, Atlantic Trailweek (5 days of riding) with Island View was the right thing for me.

# Horses

My horse Bobbles was very calm, strong and reliable.
Oh! Those lovely Irish horses! They are going through the water, slippery stones and can run really, really fast on long, breath taking beaches.

I love horses and it is important to me to see animals are treated properly. In my opinion at Island View horses are kept in their natural environment and are looked after very well.

# Trails

There was a different trail (4-6 h) every day. All three guides I’ve been on a trail with have been confident and very kind! In my opinion trails are good proportioned with walk, trot, canter and tantivy.

# Island View and organization

Communication and organization were very easy. All information is on the website. The team is paying a lot of attention to both riders and horses. This is one of the rare examples nowadays where adventurous vacation is still not too commercialized.

# I think, for fantastic riding experience and some quality time this is a perfect place to go. I absolutely can recommend Island view for longer or shorter rides.

3  Thank Lyra2013
bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time for your lovely and very comprehensive review. We loved having you here with us for the week and Bobbels sends his regards too :)- he will soon be off on his little winter holidays!

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time with the crew at Island View. Ursula was attentive to our needs and definitely overrode my hyperambitious plans for a three hour ride for my family (we all happen to be beginners). She matched us with the perfect horses and sent us out for the perfect amount of time.

The three ladies who accompanied us were friendly and very helpful! Also, the price could not be beat! We were only charged for the time we spent, despite my three hour booking,
and it was only €25/person/hr.

I would definitely visit the stables again.

bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thanks so much for your lovely review - and thanks for having the flexibilty to help us make the experience just right for your group. A fun crew and I hope you all had many more lovely experiences on your holiday in Ireland .