“wonderful afternoon”

Island View Riding Stables
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Grange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For the time of your life on horseback! Island View is a family run Trekking centre and riding school that offer horse riding for all- beginners or experienced, children or adults. Beach rides, lessons, day rides to the stables' private island, residential holiday packages and short breaks are available all year round.
munster
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“wonderful afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

took a 1 hr beach ride, there were 4 of us of varying levels, they assessed our skill level & broke us up when we got to the beach to ensure everyone enjoyed the ride, got to go for a great canter on the beach, horses were perfect!! would definitely recommend :)

Visited April 2014
bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this lovely review . Hoping to meet you again some time!

Ithaca, New York
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The linchpin of our family trip to Ireland was three days riding, as our girls love horseback riding and we love being around horses. Each day the girls came back from their 3 - 5 hour ride with huge smiles on their faces and "best day ever" descriptions. I took carriage driving lessons from Ursula and she is a wonderful teacher and runs a great barn with great staff. I cannot recommend it enough, whether you are a novice at riding or expert. The staff is great, the horses are terrific, and the scenery amazing.

Visited April 2014
Thanks, Barb,for the lovely review. It was a pleasure having you (or as they say in Irish English " yeese" ) ladies here . I hope you will keep up the good connection with the box seat and the horses mouth and I wish the girls good luck with your new horse.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Back in May, where does the time go (?) a family friend and I decided short notice to go riding. Island View were instantly friendly and accommodating and slotted us in to a suitable morning ride. Our horses were well chosen, with spark, but completely controllable, and after signing up and saddling up we were off! Our leader Ursula was knowledgeable and adapted the ride to the abilities in the group. Beaches, dunes, mountain foothills and stunning views - a wonderful 2 hours.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank NaiShep
bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We are happy to take clients at short notice - subject to availability of course - so a ride on the beach is only just a phone call away!
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience - wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying an hour ride here 2 weeks ago... it was the most wonderful experience. I had not been on a horse in about 15 years and the staff here were exceptional in making everyone feel safe, and at ease. They were extremely helpful and friendly. We had the chance to ride along the nearby country lanes and then onto the beach. Our group was made up of people of all ages and everyone really enjoyed the experience - the horses also seemed very well looked after. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mary0_11209
Thanks very much for your lovely review. It means a lot to us.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Atlantic Trailweek in September 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I wanted some quiet time outside the cities and longer rides. So, Atlantic Trailweek (5 days of riding) with Island View was the right thing for me.

# Horses

My horse Bobbles was very calm, strong and reliable.
Oh! Those lovely Irish horses! They are going through the water, slippery stones and can run really, really fast on long, breath taking beaches.

I love horses and it is important to me to see animals are treated properly. In my opinion at Island View horses are kept in their natural environment and are looked after very well.

# Trails

There was a different trail (4-6 h) every day. All three guides I’ve been on a trail with have been confident and very kind! In my opinion trails are good proportioned with walk, trot, canter and tantivy.

# Island View and organization

Communication and organization were very easy. All information is on the website. The team is paying a lot of attention to both riders and horses. This is one of the rare examples nowadays where adventurous vacation is still not too commercialized.

# I think, for fantastic riding experience and some quality time this is a perfect place to go. I absolutely can recommend Island view for longer or shorter rides.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lyra2013
bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time for your lovely and very comprehensive review. We loved having you here with us for the week and Bobbels sends his regards too :)- he will soon be off on his little winter holidays!