Bansha House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bansha
See available hotels
The Old Convent(Clogheen)
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade brown breadb bporridgesurrounding groundsshared bathroomfull irish breakfastcharming placebeautiful horseexcellent breakfasttipperary townmaryhorseshostesswifiirelandweddingtv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We spent one night at Bansha House when attending a wedding in the nearby Kilshane House.
Our room was one of 5 on the landing and did not have ensuite facilities. While the only bathroom was engaged, the nearest bush in the garden became the nearest point of relief. We did not expect to have to share a bathroom with other guests and pay €45 per night. The room was dark,dreary and lacked natural light. Breakfast next morning was just ok, measured and fairly basic without fruit. yogurt etc. I will not be recommending this B & B to future guests at
the wedding venue.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank brianmeath2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Mary is a lovely hostess. Rooms are large and charming. Grounds are beautiful.
We missed having wifi and tv in the room. Otherwise, a wonderful place. Mary cooks a great breakfast and always made us feel welcome in her lovely home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We spend one night at Bansha House at the beginning of September. I must say that Mary was the most friendly host on our round trip in Ireland and that the house and the room we stayed in were really lovely and charming! The room was clean, breakfast was great, but to my utter regret, this B&B seems a little stuck in the past compared to others - all other four B&Bs we stayed in had free Wifi and tea & coffee making facilities. My husband missed the Wifi, I missed a hot tea in the evening, when it got quite cold in our room...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeaB_HH
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed in Bansha House for two nights for a wedding nearby in Kilshane House (literally a 2 min drive down the road)....

Bansha House is a beautiful Georgian building surrounded by stunning country side.

All the previous positive reviews are bang on. Mary is the perfect hostess and made us feel totally comfortable and at home. She served us a delicious breakfast on both mornings, and was was always offering us cups of tea :-)

We took a walk out to the stables one of the mornings and met the owner Con, (Marys son) who gave us a fantastic tour of the grounds. (One of the highlights of our stay). Big thank you to Con :-)

Bansha house is 100% worth a visit, Mary is a gem and the grounds are absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: No WiFi or TV in the room, so bring a book or a magazine if you think you will need it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Killybean
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed in Bansha House for two nights it was absolutely lovely. I was greeted at the door by the lady of the house Mary, she could not have been more hospitable and lovely. I was sat down in the beautifully decorated Georgian style sitting room with a nice glass off wine, a perfect release from busy and buzzy city life. After a very warm and comfortable nights sleep, I woke up to the most beautifully prepared and served fruit salad with a cup of coffee followed a full Irish breakfast. After a wonderful breakfast I was given a tour of the racehorses, I got the inside story of all of the runners that day and even backed a winner! Bansha house is the ideal home from home getaway surrounded by wildlife, great food and great people. With a 5 star review I would like to thank Mary and can assure her that I will be back to stay again in the near future!

• Stayed: March 2013