“Lovely and homely”
Review of Foxford Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bansha
Foxford Farmhouse
Ranked #3 of 3 Bansha B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely and homely”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed in this B&B with my partner and another couple for a weekend as we were attending a wedding in Kilshane House, it's about two miles from Kilshane House. The B&B is a real old fashioned home with lovely ornaments and pictures all over the place. Breakfast was lovely and she's so accomodating that she didn't mind us being late for breakfast on the morning after the wedding, we were made so comfortable that we sat chatting for ages after breakfast without any disturbance. Onor and her husband were absolutely lovely and so friendly, accomodating, and this really added to the experience of the weekend as we had heard some negative comments about another B&B in the area. If I were pushed to say anything negative, it would be that the heating was on constant and we were too warm at night (if I simply turned off the radiator in the room, this would have been rectified). The area itself is lovely, we took a spin to Cahir to see the castle and there are lots of lovely large estate houses and castles around the countryside. Alot of people in our company visited the Rock of Cashel also, it helped that the weather was fabulous for the entire weekend. I'd definitely return to the area again, normally if I was to spend a weekend in Ireland, I'd go somewhere coastal but having visited Bansha (the village where we stayed), I'd love to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aisling_odonnell
Foxfordbb, Owner at Foxford Farmhouse, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Hi Aisling,

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that ye had a nice time with us so just wanted to acknowledge you review even though its somewhat belated.

Hope that you get a chance to visit this area again!

Many thanks,

Honora & Philip

Business
New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Foxford Farmhouse sets the benchmark for B&B's globally. Outstanding accommodation and hospitality. First class breakfast, fresh and beautifully presented and cooked. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt like we were in our own home, on the other side of the world! Honora & Phil provided the perfect environment for us to rest and relax and welcomed us as if we were family. We had booked for 3 nights but enjoyed our stay so much we extended for another night. Irish hospitality at it's best, with 5 star hotel service to match! You would 'go a long way' to find a B&B as amazing as this one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathryn W
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Foxford Farmhouse was surely one of the nicest and most welcoming B&B's I have ever stayed in. In really nice surrounds and very friendly Irish hosts I could not have wished for more. They also have some really good recommendations for places to eat and see.

We were staying for a wedding in Kilshane house - this was a great base at which to stay for the occassion. Great breakfast, really comfortable bed, very clean. Great value for money!

Also waking up to seeing cows in the fields really reminds you that you are in rural Ireland. Charming!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BillvRees
VA
Reviewed 11 November 2011

A terrific stay. We arrived after the local restraunts had closed. Honora promptly volunteered to make a run to a local grocery store to get fixings for a dinner for us. She left us with a pot of tea, obtained dinner, and seved us while we relaxed. A great welcome. Our friends had raised dairy cows before and had great conversations with Philip about his herd and dairy practices.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bloseclan
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 11 September 2010

thanks hanora for a lovely stay, very comfy beds and a yummy breakfast. we were left lie in and all got up at our own pace (11 o clock) and hanora patiently served up a well needed fry.
niamh

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank niamhsul
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 August 2010

In a word - excellent. We were down for a friend's wedding and checked in here. For the life of me I can't remember the woman's name but she couldn't have been better to us. I accidentally slept in till 1pm and she still had breakfast ready for me when I got up. I definitely recommend this B&B and if I am back in the area I'll check in again... if they'll have me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank JSprx
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We stayed at Foxford Farmhouse for one night during a 10 day trip around Ireland. This was my favorite B & B of the trip. Honora and Philip were very welcoming. The room we stayed in was lovely - everything very clean, bed comfortable, nice en-suite.
We were given home-made brown bread, tea and coffee when we first arrived. There was also a cow outside our window :) Beautiful scenery.
We had the full Irish breakfast the next morning - delicious and very filling.
The house is a few minutes drive from Bansha where we went for supper.
I have only good things to say about this B & B - I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martina08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bansha
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
#4 of 16 in Tipperary
Bansha House
Bansha House
#1 of 3 in Bansha

Been to Foxford Farmhouse? Share your experiences!