“Really good.”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Really good.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Visited the restaurant on Thursday evening with three friends. We were all pleasantly surprised at how great it was. The food was really, really good. Good steaks, loads of food. We definitely didnt leave hungry. Desserts were really great too. And really good bang for buck too. Compliments to all involved.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marie G

Monkseaton
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“What a brilliant night of fun”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Reserved a table for Evening meal for 8 of us. Table was ready on arrival and menu looked good. The pate starter was one of the best I have tasted and the little pot of chutney so good I wish I could have bought some to take home! Main course I had steak which was again lovely ...... As the night went on and the Guinness flowed the local musicians arrived and the night just got better! It was an extremely late night but loved every minute. Would love to do it all again.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank DeejMonkseaton
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best weekend at Mccarthys”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a wonderful weekend with my family at Mccarthys ! Food was great and in addition to the great food and service Jasper and the terrific staff,especially Elaine and Laura made this a memorable trip!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank laura k
Guernsey, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 356 helpful votes
“Delicious food : great atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Can't believe McCarthy's pub hasn't got more reviews on Tripadvisor ; is this a bit of a "hidden gem"??
Recommended by my hosts Willie and Theresa at Cozie b&b, I had a delicious meal (duck) : huge portion that I struggled to finish. Great atmosphere in the pub, interesting history and friendly staff. A "proper" pub that caters for its local clientele, but welcomes visitors as well.
Definitely a place to visit for horse-racing fans, as it lies in the middle of Ballydoyle and Coolmore country; you never know who you might bump into!
Do follow the pub on Facebook; some great stories and anecdotes from our host.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Sarnia G
Cork
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

McCarthy's has never disappointed me and it didn't today either. I had the most gorgeous chicken curry with perfect rice and poppadoms. My wife had chicken goujons with home-made French Fries. All served simply, without fuss. The waitress was lovely, friendly and polite. It's always a treat to visit McCarthys and definitely will be back.

Visited April 2014