“Great half day trip from Ballyduff to Cappoquin with Blackwater Boating”
Review of Blackwater Boating

Blackwater Boating
Reviewed 28 May 2014

3 friends just spent a half day meandering from Ballyduff to Cappoquin with Blackwater Boating and they loved it. I organised the trip as 2 of my friends were over from Manchester for the weekend. Denis went to great lengths to fit us in on a busy schedule and it worked out great. You go with the flow and he picks you up and brings you back to the starting point so that your car is at the end. He even advised me on some local walks while I waited on the others. The guides were informative and safety conscious and paddling instructions were given at the start. On this stretch you have to navigate over 2 weirs which added a bit of a challenge. This is NOT white water but extremely pleasant and well worth doing. One of the boats did capsize although my friend reckoned that it added to the experience.

1  Thank gerrimac
There are newer reviews for Blackwater Boating

Reviewed 28 June 2010

My husband and two young sons (36, 5 and 3) spend a glorious Saturday with Blackwaterboating two weeks ago. Denis Murray took great care of us and balanced adventure with safety perfectly. This area of Ireland is stunning and we saw beautiful parkland, egrets nesting in the trees, reflections of the mountains in the distance and the clouds. It was stunning. It seemed appropriate to paddle down the river disturbing nothing but the glassy reflections on the water. Denis could also have lent us a tent for camping and I think we will do this next time. We will certainly be back.

5  Thank UrsieDublin