“Beautiful Country House, fabulous food.”
Review of Richmond House

and 1 more site!
Richmond House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cappoquin
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you are looking for a retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life, in a serene and peaceful location, this is the place to stay. From the outset, the warm welcome by Claire, the lady of the house, ensured a feeling of being a cherished guest. Our large and pretty room overlooked the expansive gardens, and sitting there early evening with a gin and tonic in the sunshine was the perfect prelude to an outstanding dinner in the inviting dining room. The food was really excellent, to the extent my husband has already requested we begin the Christmas holidays here so he can work his way through the menu. I heartily endorse trying the lamb shank, it is outstanding.
I truly look forward to my winter return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marian F

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here. It was my treat night while we were on holidays. We booked a table 24 hrs in advance for 2 adults and 2 kids. We were met by a disinterested waitress, who was bordering on rude. I later overheard her complaining to another waitress about her job. (Only adding to my feeling that we were a burden) The only food offered to the kids was sausages and chips or chicken nuggets and chips. I didn't expect this from a boutique hotel/restaurant. I asked for pasta with olive oil and cheese instead of the chips.Out came two bowls of dry cooked pasta, one with 2 fatty sausages, the other with frozen chicken nuggets. We were charged E20 for this! ((No drink or dessert) Our meal was very good but I wouldn't bother going again, especially if you have children.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BrayFoodie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is our second visit to Richmond house. We Just love the hospitality we receive from the family and the staff. It is a very warm and welcoming hotel and the food is out of this world !!! . It's wonderful to be able to sit in the drawing room after a meal by a lovely log fire. The bedrooms are very spacious and homely.

We will certainly return .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had dinner in the Richmond house May.10th and it was great.We have visited the restaurant many times over the last ten years and we never had a bad meal.The staff are friendly and make you feel very welcome especially the lady who runs front of house hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This old country house has lots to recommend it. It is located on the outskirts of Cappaquin in West Waterford and is a great base from which to explore the South East.

The rooms are comfortable, free wifi, great staff (especially Marian who my scrawny companion took a shine to) and it has authentic reception rooms. The highlight of the house is probably its restaurant. Breakfast was faultless with great variety. In particular the dinner was excellent, and withdrawing in the drawing room after a fine fed with tea and port was memorable.

I visited here on St Patrick's weekend and cycled around the locality including Dungarvan, Ardmore, Lismore and the fantastic Dromona estate. There are also fantastic scenic drives nearby including the Copper Coast and the Vee.

I would strongly recommend Richmond House and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ThomasheenOgRua
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A wonderful place and staff with the best food experience I have ever had.
There is a lovely charm about this 300+ year old residence and only a short walk to Cappoquin town.
A real home from home. Can't praise it enough

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shanesligoshane
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed for 3 days in Richmond House with 4 of us and we cant complain about anything. When we arrived we were welcomed with a hot pot of tea. The rooms were huge, clean and authentic with their interiors. So dont worry about an old door knob :)
Remarkable that the people who run the b&b took so much care about us. They even drove us during a bad weather day to a mansion of the Jameson Family. Thanks again to all of u for ur hospitality.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marko P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cappoquin
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore

Been to Richmond House? Share your experiences!