“great food in a beautiful location”
Review of McAlpin's Suir Inn

McAlpin's Suir Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cheekpoint
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I with a number of other people visited Cheekpoint to dine at Mcalpines Pub and restaurant.
We are returning diners and once again we were not let down, great food at great prices.
The fish pie is worth the trip on its own.

There are newer reviews for McAlpin's Suir Inn

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Love the informal but refined atmosphere, adore the crab claws, the curry, the fish pie, the wine selection and great deserts. This place never disappoints.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant many times over the years , it's signature "pan fried fillet of beef" has long been a favourite , however , we were disappointed this time . I had read a few of the reviews before arriving and I am sorry to say that they were correct . In past times you would be lucky to be able to squeeze in for a table , this time there were only two other diners on our arrival who left soon after and two more arrived as we were finishing the meal . Whilst I cannot say the meal was bad it was microwaved! There was only the owner and one member of staff there, and on ordering two portions of the beef we were asked how we liked it cooked ! Why bother if it's not freshly cooked? There was no smell of a working restaurant and we presume the short wait we had was while the jacket potatoes were cooked . The portions are not huge and not cheap . I don't think we would return unless we read of a return to when the meals were freshly cooked and presented .

3  Thank totty01
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is a quaint inn situated in Cheekpoint, county Waterford. Six of us dined there and unfortunately they didn't have two of the dishes on the menu. Nice if you're into seafood but too expensive for what it is.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Greeted by a very rude owner/manager at the bar. After ordering our food he approached us in an abrupt manner and basically growled at us to turn down the video on my iPhone that my 3 yr old son was watching. I assure u it was not loud by any means (i could barely hear it and i was beside him). The pub/restaurant was quite noisy at the time. My son was sitting extremely quite at the time and is extremely well behaved.We were extremely upset, ate our food and left.

5  Thank Powerjean