“If I could give this cottage a "6" it would still...”
other travellers have booked this property
Gardenrath Entrance Entrance Sun Porch
Bedroom 2 Twins
Bedroom 3 Single
Spacious Bathroom with Electric Shower
For the Kiddies
View of the Wicklow Hills as seen from the back garden
A Picnic Setting
Part of the Back Garden
Ferns Castle once the seat of the High King of Leinster
A view from Ferns Castle
Our Local
Our Land is part of a Game Reserve
Some of our Livestock
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
1115RC
STAPLES
“If I could give this cottage a "6" it would still be to low.”
Reviewed 25 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

What a lovely, lovely, place to stay.
The cottage is very nice, located just on the edge of the village of Ferns and within walking distance to several nice pubs and restaurants.
Steve and Ann are just marvelous people, and really went the extra mile to make my wife and I feel welcome and to enjoy the area on a recent visit.
The cottage has a nice feel to it. Was very clean. and while on the edge of town had a country feel.
There was a welcome basked of fresh bread, organic veggies from the owner's garden, preserves, and a bottle of wine... milk, cheese, and butter in the fridge.
The cottage is suitable for one or two couples traveling together and small families. It makes a wonderful home base for day trips to surrounding areas.
As someone who likes to cook the kitchen was reasonably supplied, although I would always like better knives.
I really can't say enough. I will certainly be back.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:

Tralee
Reviewed 13 January 2011 for a stay in July 2010

Travelling group: Family with young children
13 Jan 2011
We quickly realised that we were getting bookings from families with small children rather than retired couples - as we expected.
Consequently we now have a garden slide and swings for children as well as small bikes and lots of other entertainments including a Wii console with games and children's DVD's.
We also now have a set of child friendly bed linen so parents don't have to be so careful with our creams and whites.
Also we have provided throws for the furniture and some beach towels.
We look forward to welcoming terry and her family in 2011
Kildare
Reviewed 9 December 2010 for a stay in September 2010

Travelling group: Business colleagues
France
Reviewed 3 December 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Travelling group: Family with young children
3 Dec 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad you and your little one enjoyed yourselves at Gardenrath.
Hope to see you again soon and do have a lovely Christmas.
Ann & Stephen
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 1 December 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing