Perrymount Country Home
US$101
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewssconesgorey towntwo nightshome away from homebreakfast was deliciousstayed hereirelandcomfortsleep
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting friends in Gorey lately and stayed for one night. We called last minute and the drive out to the house was short. You can get a taxi into for about 5€ I was told.
Everything was to our satisfaction, comfortable, warm and a breakfast that was generous and hot. Noreen the owner even made my porridge just the way I like it. Noreen is a very welcoming and attentive hostess and the pricing was good too. Thank you Noreen for looking after us so well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleenbaid
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Booked this B&B five weeks in advance of a wedding. When I called to confirm the room, the landlady claimed she had no recollection of the booking and that she now had no free rooms. She said she would check and call me back. There was no return call.
I had to frantically find somewhere four days before a wedding which was 10 miles away and very inconvenient.
Unreliable and poor service especially when I had called so far in advance to avoid such problems.
As I did not stay there I cannot comment on the quality of the B&B but beware if you need to rely on a confirmed booking.
I really feel this this kind of feedback is important for travellers and for the B&B to take on board.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Onmytravelstohere
Reviewed 1 September 2013

After the three day disappointment at Azure in Howth this four day stay in Inch (near Gorey) was everything you dream of. A welcoming cup of tea (or coffee) with scones and jam; a room that was exactly a twin/single and more - two doubles and a single!; immaculately clean; modern flat screen TV; plenty of storage; room serviced every day. We were even given tea/coffee/scones again at the end of each day's adventures.

Breakfast could really have been anything you could think of - the Full Irish was two eggs, two rashers of bacon, two sausages, black pudding, white pudding and tomatoes, another day pancakes with maple syrup provided an excellent contrast.

The restaurants in nearby Gorey were excellent - but not cheap - but nothing in Ireland is anymore - be prepared for a shock if you've not been for a few years. Inch is a great location to be based at for exploring.

Well done Noreen.

Room Tip: As ever go for first floor then there's no-one above you to wake you up too early!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We were greeted by Noreen - the home owner - in a most friendly and warm way. She and her husband went out of their way looking after us in their home. If we hadnt had a trip around Ireland planned, we would have been happy to stay more than one night. And there is a lovely little pub one minute's walk away.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I do a lot of travelling in my job & Perrymount has to be among the best if not top of the B&B's that i have stayed in. throughout my travels in Ireland.
I stayed here while i was working in the area for a couple of weeks and i only have positive things to say about Noreen (hostess) whom goes that extra mile to make sure no stone is left unturned for her guests comfort, she was so helpful and considerate during my stay, Irish hospitality at its very best.
Perrymount's rooms are clean, comfortable and i got a great nights sleep then a hearty breakfast in the morning, what more can you ask for?
This should be the first call you make when staying in or around the area, you won't regret it.
Top marks.