“dublin creche”

Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gorey
“dublin creche”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

easter sunday decided to drop in for drink while out and about as weather turned wet and oh my god its as if the whole of dublin dumped there children on this hotel. poor staff working there which where a lot of young girls looked completely stressed out we found a second bar which had big notices saying adults only bar but was full of children also , there seems to be complete lack of control on situation and its an accident waiting to happen kids climbing on stairs unsupervised i have never said this about an establishment but i would never return here and if your looking for peace and quiet avoid this hotel .

6 Thank alanc75_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good check-in. My colleague and I asked to change rooms as original rooms opposite lift (so potentially noisy rooms). Hotel moved us without a fuss.

Room was spacious, very comfortable and quiet.

Dinner was lovely. Very good breakfast.

I was travelling on business and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just back from a 3 night Easter break. This is an excellent family hotel with great facilities for the kids. They particularly enjoyed the mini golf, go-carts and mad hatter party. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. We ate in the bar and restaurant both of which I would recommend. I really enjoyed the fillet steak in the restaurant, certainly the best steak I had in a long time.

1 Thank Dublin18_72
Dublin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed in the Amber Springs on a number of occasions with family and friends. There are a number of reasons we always go back and the number 1 reason has to be the staff. The hotel itself offers a wide range of facilities from the Spa to the children's area to the animal petting area. I've gone to Hotel on lazy Sunday afternoons when the last of the previous nights wedding guests have left and I've been in the hotel when its bustling with wedding guests and 1 thing I can honestly say is the service never changes its always first class and with a smile (which costs nothing), There are a number of staff members who make the Amber Springs what it is but I have to say nobody in my book beats Antonio. What a fantastic manager. We stayed in the hotel and from the minute we arrived Antonio couldn't do enough for us. The rooms we were in had an interconnecting door and I rang down to reception to request the interconnecting door be opened. Antonio came up to the room immediately and opened the door so the 3 year old could have access to both rooms he asked us if we needed anything for the baby. Anytime we have visited the hotel the staff are fantastic.

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 212 and 214 and there wasn't much noise at all
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Amber Springs with two small kids in early April 2014 and had a fabulous time.

You couldn't ask for more in terms of kids entertainment. Petting zoo, crazy golf, go karts, loads of playground facilities, even a train ride.

Made our lives very easy and our break that much better cos the kids were happy all the time.

Great facilities, lovely staff, ample rooms.

Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank terenceoh1
Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We spent April 4/5/6 at the Amber springs and had a fantastic time. The Family room was big & comfy. My 6 year old boy spent lots of time in the Kids club and my 2 year old loved the Play rooms and playgrounds. It's a great set up for young families indoors and outdoors. The town is 1 minutes walk & Courtown harbour is a 4 minute drive away which was good fun on a wet Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we played in the pool while my wife had a treatment in the Spa. Then we got a lovely babysitter Saturday night and ate in the restaurant and it was of an amazing standard. It was 'fine dining' and the Italian Maître d was a Gentleman. They have their own farm so the meat & veg is top class (try the Beef or Lamb). We'd a few drinks in the bar after and there was a bit of live music on - Happy days. The Breakfasts' were fine with a choice of traditional Irish fry or continental. The staff throughout the Hotel couldn't do enough and they all took time to chat. On Sunday the weather was better so we did the train and the Go-carts/ petting farm and the Kids loved it. We ate in the bar before heading home late afternoon.
As tired, hard-working Parents, I think once your kids are enjoying themselves and you can all relax then there's little to complain about. I've seen some other bad reviews on here and I have to say they are pretty petty - fridges / check in ques, why would you let these things spoil your whole weekend? It's a busy, popular place and you have to allow for that. There's lots of weddings and functions & young families. If the food isn't up to your high standards - say something or send it back, I've no doubt they will bend over backwards to please. Personally I thought the food was a very good standard. I'd happily recommend the Amber springs and we will certainly return again. It was good value and very enjoyable. Thank you to all the staff.

3 Thank Neil O
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I spent Saturday and Sunday here with our 2 kids and had a great time. We loved the pool, the playzone and the bar food was good We went out in Gorey town for dinner so we only had breakfast there but it was very tasty. Staff were very friendly and the girls in the play area were very nice and accommodating with the kids. The only down side was a charity event happening on Saturday with extremely noisy teenagers running around but someone from the event stood outside our room by the stairs eventually rounding the kids up. Also the charge if you don't checkout by 12 is a bit steep especially since check in isn't until 12.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorey
Ashdown Park Hotel Conference and Leisure Centre
Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ferrycarrig Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ferrycarrig
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,708 reviews

Been to Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa? Share your experiences!