Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa
US$162
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,250 results
All reviewsgo kartscrazy golfpet farmkids clubsanta trainmini golftrain rideindoor play areapetting zooswimming poolfamily breakchild friendly hotelsanta experiencegreat for kidsgreat family hotelmini farmplay zone
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just leaving this hotel and so sad to go. Fantastic hotel with excellent facilities. You couldn't find a more perfect place to go with children. Can't recommend it enough. I will most definitely be going back

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AmberSpringsGM, General Manager at Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear AineC85,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much with us at Amber springs, we have amazing facilities & an superb team that caters for our family guests, thank you so much for posting your review & I look foreward to wecloming you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Booked a four night stay for our family, 2 adults and 3 kids. We had taken a recommendation that this was very kids oriented hotel and that together with four star rating meant we were willing to pay a little more compared to other hotels for the accommodation a standard family room. I fully agree with comments from other reviewers that bar staff appear stretched. The outdoor play area for kids is great but the tables were not cleared regularly during the day. On each day I had to clear my own table of empty glasses and bottles prior to sitting, this was consistent during our stay over 4 days. And created a poor impression and lack of desire to stay longer although the bar prices were also above average with 6.10 euro for a glass of house wine from large bottle. I could have been more accepting of the higher cost if facilities were clean and has some umbrella shades added to outdoor tables. I agree with the comments on kids meals being pricey and adding up if you have a drink, ice cream and nuggets with chips over 11 euro per child.
The kids activities were not clear to me to cost extra 3 euro per child for short go karting rides would have been less disappointed if I knew this in advance. When booking on the website it appeared as an offering for kids.
Room clean but in stifling heat some air conditioning system would have been great although not available we were provided a plug in fan.
Overall it was only ok, facilities good for kids but over priced food and drink with lack of enough staff to cope with bar area and outdoor area. Will be unlikely to return for another stay. Its a real missed opportunity as this hotel had so much promise and potential for a family friendly holiday at home in ireland.

3  Thank SuzMaria
AmberSpringsGM, General Manager at Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear SuzMaria,
Thank you for your comments, I am dissapointed The Amber Springs Hotel did not live up to your expectations, our team strive to offer the most amazing service and are sad that you feel they let them down, our bars manager is putting in place remedial action to ensure the garden areas are cleared more promptly & efficiently but as I am sure you recognised we experienced very high volume of guests over the last few days, I am glad you enjoyed the food offering although you have comments in reference to the price, we are reviewing the menu, food & drink, in line with guest feedback
We are very proud of our kids activities & recieve amazing feedback - we will also review the website to ensure the printed pricing is more prominent, we offer a huge amount of activity within our premises for kids and only a very few areas are chargable, I hope that you will give us another try where i am certain that you wil have an amazing experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed with my partner and 7 year old son in a family room.

Good points:
Fantastic children's activities, e.g. Go-carts, crazy golf, train ride, but you pay extra for some of these.
The sun was shining and there was lots of outdoor seating with children's slides/climbing frames (could do with umbrellas/shade though)
Modern decor in rooms and public areas.
Lovely grounds.
Friendly staff.
We had a large, clean, comfortable family room.
Pool very nice.
Good location - can walk into Gorey, drive easily to Courtown
Great Wifi

Bad points:
Service - housekeeping/reception very good but my impression is that the waiting staff are overstretched.
Menus/food. They seem very proud of their (poorly printed, badly-spelled) menu in the downstairs bar. I found it very unsophisticated. There is a lot of meat on it. I am a vegetarian. The pasta with mushroom sauce was the only vegetarian option. It was horrible - I'm almost certain it was a tin of Campbell's soup poured over some tagliatelli. The poor menu led us to go into Gorey to eat and we discovered the wonderful Kitchen and Eco restaurants there.
The strange thing is that they have a night time room service menu (11pm until 6am) which includes things like pizzas. All they had to do was sell these in the bar and I would have been happy as this would offer more choice. There should also be separate lunch and light bites menus in the bar instead of one menu offering only huge meat dinners all day.

1  Thank A M
AmberSpringsGM, General Manager at Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear A M

Thank you for your posting and comments on The Amber Springs Hotel & Health Spa, I am delighted you enjoyed our facilities & your stay with us & on the whole had a great time with us, I understand your comments in reference to our menu & we are in process of putting in place a new menu that I am sure answer all your needs on your next visit, it will have many options for vegetarians diners, starter & light main selection & will focus on our in-house produced Beef & vegetables, we will have this new menu in place in the first week of August, I look forward to your next review when you have stayed again with us & tried our new selection of seasonal, local & sustainable delights

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself, my family and another family had the misfortune of stopping here for a bite to eat last week. We took a seat in the area out the back and waited for 20 mins. No service. Went up to the carvery counter to order food for the kids and was told 'Find a waitress'. With no waiting staff around I approached the 4 people behind the bar that were chatting. One of them then came down to take an order. We were then told we couldn't eat outside, we could eat in the conservatory - that was fine except its an enclosed area where they allow smoking. The conservatory itself is located under the filthiest glass in history and directly beside the kitchen extract fans that are exceptionally noisy. All around the fans there is filth running down the walls.

The food was expensive and badly mis-described. Home made burger and Big Al's are not the same. 2 of the burgers might have made it an 8oz. Pasta also 'homemade' from a packet. If I'm not mistaken the use of the word 'Blaa' is protected under law. The specimen provided with the burger would make it the smallest Blaa ever made.

Finally, when a person orders a Coke they expect a coke, not a flat, syrupy splash.

The hotel has great facilities for kids but whoever is running this hotel should be shot.
Avoid at all costs.

7  Thank DesQ1
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We returned to ambersprings with our three children for a short break as we all love it there, family room was spacious enough , food was gorgeous both in the bar and up in the restaurant , plenty to choose from for breakfast, kids love the indoor an outdoor play areas. Staff were lovely especially the new waitress in the bar, staff in the kids indoor area were great an very friendly with the kids they loved them, only downside is bookings are gone very expensive lately! Would have loving to make it a longer stay but not at those prices unfortunately!