“Nice hotel with unbelievably helpful staff.”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Ireland
“Nice hotel with unbelievably helpful staff.”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife & I checked in here on 9th June, I was taking part in the Wicklow 200 cycle event on the 10th June.
The hotel & it's staff were brilliant & couldn't have been more helpful, from the early breakfast with porridge on Sunday morning to the way my wife was looked after on Sunday by Sarah Jane in the spa, nothing was a problem.
Our room was very nice, with a gorgeous view over the Glen of the Downs & the bed was really comfy.
Our package included an evening meal & the standard of food we were served was absolutely superb, a pleasant surprise was that we got to choose our food from the restaurant menu & not some tatty old 'special' menu that a lot of hotels present to those guests who have an evening meal included in their package.The food in the restaurant was of fine dining standard, superbly presented & very tasty.
The leisure facilities were also of a high standard & the outdoor hot tub was a big hit with both of us, we will definitely be back to Glenview.

Room Tip: We had a room to the front of the hotel with a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank olivernone
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Many thanks for your really nice review. Sarah Jane is thrilled with the special mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Regards

Brian McNamara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night.We were looking for a relaxing night but unfortunately we didn't get that. Firstly we were given a room that stank of smoke so we asked to change rooms. Then we were given a room on the ground floor.The room was exremely crammed and there were kids running up and down the corridor all evening shouting and screaming.They knocked on our door at least 6 times.we complained and were told we couldn't change rooms as all other rooms were taken. We tried to get some peace in the leisure centre but the adult only time is only from 7 to half 7 on weekends and it all closes at half 7. We ordered food to the room, the menu was poor and overpriced and the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. We won't be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I am very sorry to read you had a disappointing stay with us. I am grateful for your feedback. I will review your comments with my management team and will take appropriate actions. I would very much appreciate if you would contact me directly to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Kind regards,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I had stayed here the previous month and I didn't give it a great review! From the room to the food but this time it was absolutely excellent and I stay in hotels every week! So well done and keep up the excellent work

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the near future.

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in this lovely hotel. The decor is slightly outdated and some of the housekeeping could be improved upon but apart from that it was an absolute delight. It is just about 20 minutes from the M50 and a million miles away from the hustle of the city. We ate in the Woodlands restaurant on two nights and in the Conservatory bar on the other night. The food was excellent in both and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was a huge affair andd you couldn't possibly attempt to eat all that was on offer.
It is an ideal location for exploring the delights of Wicklow.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the front as they have better views, but the room we were given was at the en...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your review. I was delighted to read that your meal experiences in the Conservatory Bar and the Woodlands Restaurant were excellent and it gave me great pleasure to read your very nice comments about our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My son and daughter-in-law celebrated their wedding here a few days ago,it was a wonderful event,the food was really lovely,the staff very helpful and friendly,the dj Tommy Greene was excellent,some of our guests were from overseas and they couldnt praise the event enough which was very pleasing to the family,those who stayed the night were delighted with their rooms and the ample buffet breakfast,the beautiful location overlooking the Downs made this a wonderful choice for a wedding venue.Thanks to all the staff who made this day very special.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the Downs
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
I am delighted to hear your son and daughter-in-law's wedding day was a great success and the wedding guests couldn't praise the event enough which was very pleasing for all the family.

Many thanks for sharing your review.
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed in the Glenview Hotel in May 2012. First impression was beautiful scenic view and the hotel was wonderfully situated. Would love to see it on a sunny day. Reception was very helpful and very welcoming. The hotel itself is quite old and could do with updating. Bedroom was spacious but chairs etc. was stained and need replacing. The wedding we attended in the hotel was wonderful. Waiting staff were great and food was excellent. Could not fault the meal. Unfortunately the breakfast the next morning wasn't great. We did not arrive down until 9:30 but most of the buffet was gone and when we asked for croissants we were told they were all gone. Shouldn't matter what time you come down the same breakfast should be supplied to each guest, after all we have paid for it. We were only there for1 night but we plan to come back and stay for 2 or 3 nights.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. I am very sorry that your breakfast experience was disappointing. Breakfast can be very busy on some mornings and usually if an item is depleted we would have more already on the way. I have also noted your comments regarding the chairs. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I was glad to read your lovely comments regarding our location and that you found the service and food at the wedding excellent.

I am delighted to hear you plan to revisit the hotel again soon and hope to stay longer next time around. I would very much appreciate if you would contact me personally before your next visit so that I can make arrangements personally for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I took my 2 children aged 7 and 5 to stay overnight at the Glenview last week. It was their first time to stay overnight in a hotel. They were so excited i was worried it couldn't live up to their expectations! I needn't have worried. We had a huge family room with everything we needed. After we left our bags there we went for a drink at the very kid friendly bar where a lovely girl made them her special drink. Then it was down to the pool for a swim where a local boy showed them how to turn the jaccuzzi jets in the pool! Dinner was lovely and very reasonably priced and so to bed to watch a dvd. We had a huge breakfast delivered to the room the following morning which arrived bang on time followed by another swim. Then for a real treat my daughter and i had our nails done by Angela at The Haven beauty spa where they have very reasonably priced treatments for "princesses". It was a great experience for the kids and I in a beautiful hotel with really friendly staff. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosaleen R
Thank you so much for sharing your review. I am delighted you and your children had a wonderful stay. Angela says thanks for the special mention.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
#2 of 7 in Bray
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!