“Nice hotel, great pool”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel with my son. Looked for 1 hour earlier check in and 1 hour late check out in order to better suit my timetable. We were told it 'shouldn't be a problem' but it was albeit we were given a late check out of 30 mins instead of the hour.

The hotel is situated in a magnificent area. The scenery is some of the best in Ireland and the gardens of the hotel are amazing. It's really well located away (but close enough!!) from Dublin and within short drives of some of the best places in Ireland to visit I.e Glendalough and Powerscourt.

The bar in the hotel is very good with amazing bar staff, they couldn't be more accommodating or polite along with being good craic! The food is good and very tasty however pricey for what's served up. Kids are accomodated excellently both by the menu and the staff.

The rooms are ok. In my opinion the rooms are not as good as the hotel, bar or food would lead you to believe. They are a bit dated but are comfortable.

The jewel in the crown of this hotel is it's pool. It's 18m approx and the warmest pool I've ever used!!!

Overall this hotel is very nice, and I'd recommend it for a short stay. Best advice I can give is ask for a room at the front of the hotel as there isn't a view out the back at all

Stayed: August 2014
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your very valuable feedback.

I am so glad to read that overall you and your son had a very enjoyable short break and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We attended a wedding at the Glenview over the weekend, which was wonderful.
The service and the smooth running of the reception was very very good.
How ever upon arrival and check-in at 4pm we was told our room was not ready which i find unacceptable, we wan given no reason as to why.
This also happened to several others of the wedding party.

When we was given our key we went up to our room to drop off our bags, the room was very tired looking with cracked paint on the windowsill and dirty windows.

The hotel overall and the service we had at the wedding was fantastic and a 4 star service, but the rooms i would give only a 3 star.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the Glenview hotel.

I am sorry to hear your room was not ready when you arrived. The delay was due to the large number of guests from the wedding party checking in at the same time. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In relation to your comment regarding your accommodation we are in the process of refurbishing our guest rooms. Your feedback is valuable with this process.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable time at the wedding and your compliments regarding the team and the fantastic service received are also very much appreciated.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a family wedding in July. Within 24hrs of checking out and paying for the room a further £108.00 was charged to our payment card which was unauthorised. Upon following this up with phone calls and a complaint email we gave not had a straight explanation for the charge, no apology, no response to complaint and the money has not yet been refunded. Very disappointing after a lovely family event. Furthermore our room was not ready for check in by 3:00pm so had to wait until after the wedding to access the room (which wasn't ideal after a long drive).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Amy A

Dear Guest,

I have carried out a full investigation into the matter but cannot find any details relating to this issue on our system. I would be most grateful if you could contact me on my details below to discuss further.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tel: 01 2873399

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed one night in August after a wedding. A little disappointed that our room 309 , had no view , but it was very comfortable and very very quiet.
Reception staff were most helpful and room was ready , even though the hotel was very busy with wedding guests arriving , thick and fast.
Lovely view across the Hills at Breakfast , although the main restaurant room is rather shabby and needs a 'lick of paint'. Ordered the Kippers , which was a mistake as they weren't fresh , but straight from the freezer. Stick with the full irish breakfast.

Room Tip: We should have requested a 'Glen ' view room - the clue is in the Hotel name !!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mowbrab
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your very valuable feedback. All comments whether good or bad help us to improve our service to our customers.

I am pleased to read that overall you were happy with your accommodation and the service you received from the team. I am sorry you were not happy with the view from your room. Please call me in advance of your next visit and depending on availability I will do my best to accommodate you in one our front facing rooms with amazing views of the glen.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. Lovely old world charm combined with modern amenities. Staff were lovely and very helpful. The room was extremely charming (although a spring came through the mattress on me - the staff sorted this straight away for me when informed) and well appointed. Fantastic location just off the N11 and there are great walks round the hotel grounds and landscaped gardens.
The food was amazing (although if you are on a package deal like we are there are HEFTY supplements for just about everything on the menu bar one or two dishes - supplements of up to sixteen euro!). There is also a ten euro per head supplement if you want to be upgraded to eating in the restaurant instead of an area just off the bar. However with the views that this restaurant offers I would recommend paying this.

All in all we would go back in a heartbeat to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologise once again for the problem with your mattress. I am glad to hear a replacement mattress was provided straight away.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with the supplement charges on your chosen dishes. We offer a very extensive menu with a variety of choices. Supplements are only applied to our signature dishes.

We were delighted to hear you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights here. After reading other reviews, I was unsure what to expect. When we arrived, I instantly relaxed. The reception reminded us so much of the hotel where we had our recent wedding reception, very olde worldly but in a very classy way. The staff were so helpful, on a couple of occasions even going out of their way to accommodate us, and the facilities are first class. We ate in both the conservatory bistro and the Woodlands restaurant, both meals were lovely but Woodlands was sensational - and amazing value for the early bird, we didn't find anywhere else to eat we could have two courses of that quality for less than 20 euros. Breakfast fab too! Rooms are spacious and comfortable, lovely leisure facilities and beautiful grounds. All set in a lovely area, with lots to do nearby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your excellent review. It is a pleasure to read your compliments regarding so many aspects of your stay with us and in particular our friendly helpful staff and your sensational meal experience in the Woodlands Restaurant.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located near to Dublin, without the Dublin prices All staff friendly and professional. Room clean and comfortable. Menu in restaurant good as was the food and service. Garden and grounds delightful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am delighted to read you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
The Martello Hotel
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!