This was our second time staying at this hotel, despite the fact that we have been to Glendalough dozens of times. Booked a suite for two nights because some of the rooms are small. Suite was the perfect size just what we wanted , three windows on a corner room overlooking the river giving fantastic views . This is a great spot for a base for exploring. Went to Avondale house and found this amazing Forrest on the grounds with a river at the bottom of the valley, well worth a visit.
The food in the hotel was simply gorgeous as ever and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only pitfall was they didn't leave any milk in the rooms for making tea/coffee and the pillows were very flat. Other than that it was brilliant. I have already enquired about staying there again this September.....looking forward to it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Glendalough Hotel in County Wicklow, we like to let the scenery do the talking, our team are here to offer a warm welcome and simple home comforts. The sites in Glendalough are at the heart of Irelands Ancient East with the 6th Century gateway to the Monastic site steps away from the hotel. The Colours and sounds of the valley of Glendalough change with every season and the Glendalough hotel is well placed for you to enjoy all that this Valley has to offer. The magical sounds and breath-taking scenes will transport you back to a quieter time of meditation and a closeness to nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Glendalough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glendalough Village Hotel
- Glendalough Hotel Vale Of Glendalough, Ireland