Riversdale House
The Glendalough Hotel(Glendalough Village)
US$178
  • Restaurant
US$265
TripAdvisor
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort(Newtown Mount Kennedy)
US$253
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
US$204
  • Breakfast included
Lawless Hotel(Aughrim)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstepping stonesacross the riverwicklow mountainstasty breakfastglendalough hotelglendalough monastic sitesmall riverbreakfast roomwonderful viewsat navhighly recommend staying herequiet locationminute walklovely walkdifferent optionswalking trailsexcellent location
Reviewed 9 August 2013

While walking along the Wicklow Way in July, my wife and I had pre-booked this B&B. Little did we realize what a gorgeous location this beautiful house is in. On arrival to Glendalough, we were guided out on St Kevin's Way (north from the valley towards the Wicklow Gap) for a Km or so, across stepping stones on the river to find this very comfortable and well-run, high grade B&B.
The family made us welcome and our gorgeous, comfortable and spacious room viewed the beautiful, forested Camaderry mountain. Cable TV was available and tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. It was hot weather and the midges were swarming in the evenings - keep the windows closed!
Our hostess (Zell) recommended the White Heather for dinner in Laragh and the restaurant sends a free shuttle to pickup diners here (suitable if you are on a walking tour or fancy a glass of wine without driving).
Breakfast was hearty and ample, there is a computer terminal for guest use to catch up on emails etc.
A first class modern B&B in the most amazing hill-walking territory - we'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ernestBT48
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here recently during the Irish heatwave!! As per previous reviewers comment, yes the midges were out in force but we opened the window at night time while dark and the room did cool down and no midges came in! B&b itself beautiful in fab location. Rooms very modern and clean. Both owners very helpful and friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsKCIreland
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

OK. Hard review to write. First the negative: the midges were out and biting, which is not the B&Bs fault. They advised keeping the windows closed at night so you don't get bit. Great advice. So what is the problem? The room was so hot and stuffy, really, no way to cool it off. No fan, nothing. Now look, I am not one of those prima-donnas who needs the room right at 70 degrees, plus or minus one. I just could not sleep well, woke up with a headache and all. So that really affects my review. The rest? Great location, nice people, big clean room, helpful in providing an early breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank LaVidaBuono
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Overall, this B&B was great -- nice rooms, excellent breakfast area, comfy lounge, and a million dollar view. Somehow the owners lost our reservation, but they were polite and accommodating once they found it. I'm quite tall, and they even offered an extra bed in our room so I could sleep diagonal. How thoughtful!

The owners' restaurant recommendation (Wicklow Heather) was spot on, and their attention to detail (decorating, candles at night, table settings in the morning) was impressive.

What more can I say? We had a great stay, and would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

After visiting this unbelievably delightful b&b at the end of October last year as a couple we promised Zell & Liam we'd return to revisit. This time we came with my niece (8) and nephew (11). Once again, we absolutely loved everything and my niece and nephew were in awe like us of the b&b, the rooms, the breakfast, the cosy guest relaxation area and the absolutely beautiful location. The b&b is spotless, the views breathtaking. Again we were picked up free of charge to and from the Wicklow Heather Restaurant where we enjoyed a lovely evening and fantastic food. I was concerned my nephew might get bored but he absolutely loved our stay, exploring the area, climbing, crossing rivers and even reading in our room. After dinner we came back and played chess as Zell & Liam had a small selection of games for the guests to use. I couldn't fault our stay. Just wonderful.

The first day we got soaked in a downpour and dried everything quickly in our rooms - no problem at all with heating as an earlier reviewer mentioned, including the stove burning in the softly lit lounge area when we returned from our meal. The next day the sun shone brightly so we saw Glendalough in all weathers!

We will return again - absolutely definitely. Thank you Zell & Liam.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family