“beautiful home, friendly and accommodating hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kiltegan
Barraderry Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Kiltegan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Barraderry. The location in the country was so beautiful. And the home is pretty much my Irish dream home! It was our first stay in Ireland, we arrived, 8 adults, jetlagged and hungry and were invited to have tea with two home made desserts sitting by the fire in the front parlor. It was the perfect way to end the day and relax. We had a beautiful breakfast in their formal dining room. Olive and John were so friendly, happy to converse but also gave us privacy to relax as well. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Barraderry House has everything, peace and quiet, gorgeous surroundings and luxuriously appointed rooms. The hosts Olive and John are totally marvelous and the breakfasts with fresh baked bread etc to die for.
Well worth a detour just to see the beautiful countryside and nearby Humewood Estate, Sebastian Barry country.

Room Tip: they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Griffideenlady
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is absolutely the best B and B in Ireland. We stayed here 4 years ago and made it a point to come back. John and Olive are wonderful hosts. They welcome us with coffee, tea and homemade cookies. Excellent homemade breakfasts. The house and grounds are stunning. There was a new foal when we were there. It was lovely. I will absolutely return to Barraderry.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is one of the best B and B's we stayed at in Ireland. The setting is fantastic, a working farm with lots of acres. The guest sitting room was a joy to be in with the fireplace and antique furniture. The building was built in 1850, and is in fantastic condition. Every detail to hold its originality while maintaining comfort has been attended to. A great place to see all of Wicklow. A great value

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eaglerock13
Reviewed 17 April 2012

After calling a few places on Good Friday I was able to get a room in Barraderry Country House for Easter. I wasn’t sure what to expect because of the lack of reviews, but I have to say I had a fabulous stay. Olive and John are the perfect hosts and made it a weekend to remember.
I caught the bus from Dublin to Baltinglass and John kindly offered to pick me up from the town and take me to the house. You can get a taxi from Baltinglass should you need to, but the house is 5 miles from the town so it a bit of a walk.
At the house I was shown my room and treated to tea and freshly made scones and biscuits in the small living room which is kept for guests. I spent my afternoon there reading by the fire and then went for a walk in the surrounding countryside.
The family have horses and I had a lovely walk around the stables and got to pet two of the horses. The gardens are beautiful and the views are just fabulous. The house itself is fabulous and is full of history - which John and Olive can fill you in on.
The village of Kiltegan is a 15 minute walk away and there is one pub, which sadly doesn’t serve food, but is very welcoming. Baltinglass is full of cafes and restaurants and if you have a car you can drive to towns and villages nearby which have some fantastic dining options.
The house is peaceful and relaxed and you have a key to your room and front door so you can come and go as you please. If you don’t have a car then you will have to get a taxi or walk (like I did) to Baltinglass for food, although if you’re not used to walking fast country roads I wouldn’t recommend the walk.
I had an en-suite room which was spacious and comfortable and had a television and tea and coffee facilities. The breakfast was one of the best I have had, with fresh bread and local produce. There was also some delicious rhubarb which, if in season, you must try.
This is a little hidden gem in the Wicklow countryside and is a perfect base for walkers or people who want to explore the area. Anyone would feel at home here - if you want a real Irish welcome then here is where you will find it.

Room Tip: Ask for an en-suite room and make sure to take a walk of the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2008

Absolutely delightful family home set in gorgeous countryside.. Olive and her husband were away when we stayed, but Lesley and her sisters made us more than welcome.

The rooms were very cosy and beautifully decorated in lovely sage green colours. The shower room was small but very clean and perfectly adequate.

Breakfast was the best! Beautifully presented and delicious - the best we've had so far in Ireland by a long way!!

We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Clarymel
Reviewed 12 February 2007

Recently stayed in Kiltegan and found a wonderful B&B called Barraderry House - we were lucky to be the only guests & had the drawing room to ourselves with a big open fire (which was a truely welcome sight as the nights were very cold). The only problem was that the rooms were big with the beautiful old sash windows so got quite cold once the heating was off but thankfully there was an electric blanket on the bed - it did not take away from what was a really pleasant stay & an amazing breakfast with freshly baked bread and scones.

8  Thank flash123

Been to Barraderry Country House? Share your experiences!