“Great service. Good food. Nice patio.”

The Wicklow Heather Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Laragh
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wicklow Heather Restaurant and is idyllically situated in the picturesque village of Laragh deep in the Wicklow Mountains, only minutes from the world renowned scenic and historic Glendalough, while the hustle and bustle of Dublin City is less than an hour away.A family run business, we will go the extra mile to ensure your time with us is enjoyable, whether you are joining us for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or staying in one of our luxurious guesthousesHomely comfortable surroundings with a friendly service are the order of the day at the Wicklow Heather Restaurant. Here the knowledgeable team offer you advice on the many local walks and trails. As a guest of the Wicklow Heather you can also avail of our free shuttle service to and from local bed and breakfasts, hotels and hostel.Please browse our site to find details of our service and how the helpful team at The Wicklow Heather can make your visit to Glendalough a unique and pleasurable experience. Should you require further assistance or to make a reservation, please contact us directly.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Also appreciated the pick up and drop off service (as our B&B was 2.2km away and we had walked the Wicklow Way all day). Thanks! I would only encourage them to have 1-2 more vegan options,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,681)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I ate here twice in 2015, our first trip to this area. It was just that good! We returned to the Wicklow area May 19 for two nights. Dinner our first night was probably the worst service I’ve ever had - really! The young lady who waited on us acted as if she could care less. I had to ask for the dessert menu four times!! We ate there again the next night (my wife’s idea) and it was totally different. Great service and great food. Not sure what to say...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here again having been here on a number of occasions- friendly staff good value and reasonable prices plus first class service overall.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to the Wicklow Heather many times and have always enjoyed the visit. The staff are amazingly polite and courteous. The service is akin to any 5 star service I have enjoyed previously. The food is always delicious with a great variety on the menu for everyone. The drive to get here is beautiful and part of the overall experience. This restaurant will remain one of my favourite places to dine out for as long as I can visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came on the recommendation of our B and B, Pinewood Lodge for the first time four years ago. By far one of my favorite restaurants from my trips to Ireland. Recently stayed in Laragh for a family trip and came to this restaurant again because I'd remembered so we'll the first time.

My family couldn't say enough good things about the Wicklow Heather. Our food was fantastic and the atmosphere relaxing. Sit outside when the weather's nice!

We had the ribeye steak, traditional Irish stew, battered hake and chips, and baked salmon. The appetizer, some sort of bruchetta, didn't disappoint either.