I booked in for a stay with a difference at BrookLodge last weekend. Along with 80 others from my choir we arrived early on the Saturday morning and spent the day rehearsing in the wonderful wedding room situated within the grounds of the hotel (far enough away from the main hotel so as not to annoy other residents). That night we all ate dinner in the White Room, a menu specially created for us choir members that was delicious and served with efficiency and friendliness by the wonderful BrookLodge staff. After dinner, back to the lounge beside our rehearsal room where a bar was opened and we sang and chatted till the small hours. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and set us up admirably for more music!
We were in no way made to feel as if we were part of a big group - the attention to detail by Suzanne and Wendy in preparing the weekend for paid dividends - fresh jugs of water miraculously appeared and morning coffee with homemade biscuits were delicious and welcome! My only complaint is that our conductor worked us hard and we had too little time to appreciate the luxurious accommodation and amazing surroundings.
I would recommend the Riverside wedding room and accommodation not just to couples as a wonderful wedding venue, but also to groups looking for a weekend away to rehearse, debate, practise yoga etc etc!
I have stayed many times in BrookLodge and used the spa facilities on many occasions and will so so again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland