Just back from a one night weekend stay in BrookLodge after managing to get a good deal on their website. The standard room is lovely and comfortable. We did have a problem with the shower but staff were quick to offer help.
The thermal spa is relaxing, of course. It's small enough but has all you need for a proper chill-out. I had a fabulous Decleor facial. I would definitely recommend hitting the spa if you visit - it's a terrible waste if you don't!
There was a wedding on when we visited and they did take over the lobby area for a time, which was a tad intimidating on arrival and make it a little uncomfortable to check in. Staff apologised though and the wedding party continued in another section of the hotel so that's the last we noticed them.
Three courses in the simple yet wonderful La Taverna finished off a wonderful night. Service in the restaurant was perfect and the food was genuine Italian, delicious and fresh.
Amazing breakfast before leaving. Will definitely be back and will recommend to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland