I just had what can only be describe as the most perfect weekend in Brooklodge with 16 of my closest female friends and family. It was my official and incredible civilized send off before I walk down the aisle and the staff and Brooklodge could not have been more helpful and accommodating of our large group.
Brid's warm welcome at reception started things off perfectly. Our room was stunning and lunch in the sun outside Actons was superb! I had a surprise treat booked in in Wells Spa of a deep tissue massage... a first for me! I urge any future guests to book in the exact same treatment and ask for Ludo.... he is a miracle worker and a lovely man. My back, shoulders and neck have never felt so good!
A private dinner at Actons, headed up by the incredible Trevor was our next port of call. Seriously, the food was incredible! Ask for the 'Big Momma's Table' menu where you'll get to try a whole host of delicious dishes including wood fired pizzas! As the weather was so beautiful, we sat outside after dinner and Trevor and his team made us all feel so welcome and comfortable, even ensuring my darling Mum had 'vats' of tea brought over to her on a regular basis! He is a gentleman, seek him out when you go.
Due to the wonderfully balmy weather, we proceeded to make our way to the outside section of the residents bar where we whiled away the hours on comfortable outdoor couches and armchairs and even shared a 'tasteful' sing song with fellow residents. After a peaceful night sleep we all re-grouped in The White Room for what can only be described as one of THE most impressive breakfasts any hotel in Ireland, nay Europe, has to offer. The poached eggs and potato cake were a highlight for me as were the hicks sausages.
Some of us then headed to the Spa for a dip in the pool, a steam in the sauna or even a chillout in the outdoor hot tub while others sat out looking over the lawn and admiring the friendly hens and ducks that roam freely at Brooklodge, chatting about the night before and the incredible food we had all consumed! Horse riding, which is available at Brooklodge, was mooted but we were just too chilled to think of anything other than lounging for a while longer.
Having been a fan of Brooklodge for many years, it was a wonderful treat to be there with so many good friends. I look forward to going again soon and will DEFINITELY be booking in a massage with Ludo (the miracle worker!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland