Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Restaurant
Parkview Hotel(Newtown Mount Kennedy)
View Hotel
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,200 results
All reviewsplunge poolstar hotelbottle of proseccogames roomtop classdvd playerhot towelslovely touchlittle touchesthirteenth bardriving rangespa treatmentsbar foodleisure centrefrom start to finishmain restaurantfabulous hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spend a weekend at the Druids Glen with our two year on the strength of its reputation as an excellent hotel for families and weren't disappointed. The hotel is in beautiful surroundings, is beautifully built and laid out, it has a nice mix of expensive and comfortable feeling about it. Apart from the excellent children's facilities (baby station with nappies, wipes, bottle cleaners and sterilisers, playground, indoor play area with soft toys, a free arcade game, air hockey table, fussball table and free films, DVD player in each room with a free DVD library at reception), it has all that you'd expect from a hotel of its class.

The only slight disappointment for me was the food. Breakfast was the usual buffer, standard was good. Lunch had a more limited and very expensive menu which served, almost without change, for the evening bar menu. There was a BBQ the first night we arrived but the food was pre-cooked and tasted oven-cooked and, at €25 per person, was very disappointing. Dinner in the restaurant was very good, not the best I've ever had but definitely nice.

The staff are definitely worth a mention. Everyone we dealt with was super helpful, they couldn't do enough for us.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mr_E_Stephenson, Chief Executive at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to Druids Glen.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding so many aspects of your stay not least in relation to the friendliness and helpfulness of our team. I regret that the quality of our Evening BBQ did not fully meet your expectations and I have noted your dissatisfaction with the quality of food you experienced. Suffice it to say your comments have not gone unheeded and are being addressed.

I look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you back to Wicklow and I would ask that any future bookings are made directly through me and I will ensure that all hospitalities are extended to you.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We live locally to Druids Glen and dine in their restaurant maybe once every couple of months. This is always a real pleasure - a relaxing evening with beautiful food served by wonderful hosts, in particular Maeve & Loic. With fantastic table manner, friendliness & efficiency, you are certain of an enjoyable evening.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neighbour,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. It goes without saying that I am genuinely delighted to receive such positive feedback and I am very pleased to read that our team regularly exceed your expectations and deliver such a memorable experience. Our colleagues, Maeve and Loic are both outstanding ambassadors for the resort and they will be suitably chuffed with your comments.

I look forward to, hopefully, having the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have just arrived home from a fantastic break with our 3 kids and my 3 year old daughter has asked to sleep in her hotel bed. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left the staff looked after us and our kids with impeccable detail. Hot towels on arrival, crayons and colouring cards for the kids, DVD's and popcorn for the kids to view movies in their room. Indoor play area (which shows movies each evening) as well as outdoor playground. We especially liked the dedicated room to wash bottles, heat food etc., they even provided spare food and nappies! Any issues we had (our meal was delayed on the first evening but dealt with well by our server, toast for breakfast was forgotten about but upon enquiry was swiftly delivered and in greater quantity than we could have eaten!) were resolved promptly. Our rooms were well appointed and equipped, fantastic choice for breakfast including a fresh pancake/omelette station. Each morning an information notice was posted through our door providing suggestions for things to do depending on the days weather which was also detailed for us. Upon leaving, bottles of water were given for our onward journey - great attention to detail. All round an excellent experience - we would love to return and explore more of the Wicklow region as the hotel is nestled wonderfully in beautiful countryside.

Room Tip: Any rooms on second floor have direct access to the Spa and pool facilities as well as the baby kitchenette.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Timothy W

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Druids Glen Resort. We pride ourselves on delivering award winning hospitality and your comments are incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated. I am particularly pleased to note that your family enjoyed so many of the resort’s amenities.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I cant help but praise this place, ive stayed here twice now and im not a golfer, its surroundings and feel leaves you wandering if the staff may be a little inflexible and stuffy, but not in the slightest, they cant do enough for you from the offerings off warm towels on arrival and cold drinks on departure you are made to feel you are in a special place.

However even things like trying to cancel at last minute due to personal issues are dealt with no questions or inflexibility.

I could go on and on about all the good things a this hotel from the room, to the sleep etc etc, but i dont want it to get too full that i cant get in their next time.

My dealings today were with Rebecca, Amy and i cant thank them enough!

I will keep coming back and coming back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank apravo550

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. Thank you in particular for all of your kind comments, not least in relation to the hospitality extended to you during your stay by our team. Our colleagues Amy and Rebecca are outstanding ambassadors for Druids Glen and they will be delighted with your compliments.

I look forward to, hopefully, having the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just returned from a fantastic restful weekend at the Druids Glen Resort. Cannot praise the staff enough for the excellent service and hospitality offered during our stay. The food was top class with all dietary requirements catered for. Will be returning!! very soon I hope.

D Matthews, Sutton Coldfield. UK.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Larry M
Mr-Edward-Stephenson, Chief Executive at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review of the hotel after your recent stay.

Thank you in particular for all of your kind comments, not least in relation to the hospitality extended to you during your stay by our team. I am pleased to read that your dietary requirements were suitably catered for.

I look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you back to Druids Glen Resort in the near future.