“Fabulous stay”

Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

From the moment you step into the foyer you have 5 star hospitality. The best check in service and hospitality that I have ever received in a hotel in Ireland. Baggage was taken and stowed while we waited on our room to be available. So we sat on the terrace and enjoyed a drink and some lunch.
Then when we were shown to our room we were not disappointed super comfy bed and really spacious room. We also had a spa treatment which was excellent.
We stayed for one night with dinner and breakfast which was a great deal. We went for a couples night away . At the dinner our server was excellent. Full of jovial conversation and asked were we staying for a special occasion it so happened that we were staying for my husbands birthday. We ordered our meal which was superb. Great menu choices and chef specialities. And most important for me a great Spanish red wine. When we ordered the dessert out came a birthday candle in the hubby's cheese cake and a sing song. This for me says a lot of how attentive the staff are to the guest and it was a really special touch that would make me go back.
Overall a truly pleasant stay and I will be booking a family stay very soon. Many thanks to the great staff at druids glen for their great hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula D
Mr-Edward-Stephenson, Chief Executive at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Druids Glen Resort for your husband’s birthday. We pride ourselves on delivering award winning hospitality and your comments are incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated. I am particularly pleased to note that both you and your husband had an enjoyable experience and enjoyed so many of our resort’s amenities.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you and your family back to Druids Glen for future celebrations.

Chief Executive.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A touch of class even with the kids in toe! It's a beautiful hotel, easy to get to and the staff are superb... couldn't do enough to help! I would highly recommend this hotel and we will most definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scw1974
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Druids Glen Resort and in particular for your kind comments, not least in relation to the hospitality extended to you by our team.
I look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was at a wedding in Druids glen at the weekend we stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. From the moment we pulled up in the car the staff were amazing very helpful the hotel it's self was beautiful we really enjoyed our stay the over all experience definitely was how great the staff were they were so accommodating and friendly jus made the week end perfect !!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sineadlynch
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at the resort. Your compliments regarding the standard of service at our hotel are gratefully received and I am sure our entire team will be suitably chuffed with your kind words.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here as a gay couple for my brothers wedding late July. What a perfect venue. Staff excelled themselves. Food great and the rooms....WOW. Lots of children in our party and they were so welcomed.
We are considering DG as our wedding venue as a result.
Well done Druids Glen !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M0user
Mr-Edward-Stephenson, Chief Executive at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Druids Glen Resort and for sharing your experience with us. It goes without saying that I am genuinely delighted to read your compliments of your brother’s wedding day at our resort. We pride ourselves on delivering memorable luxury and it is reassuring to read reviews such as yours.

We would be privileged to have the opportunity to host your wedding day and I can guarantee you will not experience a more professional and dedicated wedding coordinator than our colleague, Nessa who would be delighted to assist you.

I look forward to, hopefully, having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Druids Glen Resort.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary, and I have to say it was fab. From the time you check in till you leave. There was someone to take our luggage to the room, as we went to the bar, water in the room, tea coffee, chocolates. Ect! As we left we were given 2 bottles of water for our journey.

Room Tip: For a bit of luxury stay in a suite ... There is a fire in the sitting room which makes it very cosy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frances d
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Druids Glen. I am particularly pleased with your compliments of the many amenities available for our guests as it is our intention to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience for all.

I certainly hope that we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again and if I can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location for a family break. Beautiful facilities all superbly maintained. Highlights included amazing dinners and faultless service from the smiling Allwyn and Peter. Thank you both! You made it special. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. I am particularly pleased to note your compliments relating to your dining experience in Druids Brasserie. Allwyn and Peter are true ambassadors for Druids Glen and they will be suitably chuffed with your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here recently with my teenage daughter and husband. The reception staff gave us a lovely welcome and that was the beginning of a wonderful stay in this fantastic resort. The room was spacious and eventhough it had 2 double beds, it wasn't at all tight for space. I loved to sit at the little balcony with a glass of wine in the evening, it was so peaceful. We ate in both the restaurant and pub, restaurant was nice, we both had steak which was cooked to our liking but It was just average. My husband is a plain eater and found it difficult to find something he'd eat from the menu. The dessert was the BEST I've ever had anywhere though (lemon tart). Bar food was nicer than restaurant we thought and although great food, quite pricey at an average of €15-€16 for the cheapest main course. Alcohol also very expensive as would be expected, €5.50 for a pint of beer and €7 for a glass of cab. sauv (not the best wine I've had either!!!) As mentioned by others, breakfast was amazing, divine pastries, hot food etc but can be busy so don't leave till last minute if you can. We used the leisure centre a lot but can be busy with young children at allowed times, all facilities were clean and in working order. Free wifi in the room and best wifi service I've had in a hotel. All in all, I'd go back any time but eat in the local town unless the bar food was cheaper in the hotel, staff were a credit to the hotel, well done to all and it's nice to see that Irish hospitality is still alive and kicking.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from very young children and were granted this.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank verat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review of Druids Glen Resort. I am very pleased to note that you and your family enjoyed your overall experience at our resort. We pride ourselves on delivering award winning hospitality and it goes without saying that your compliments are greatly appreciated.

I have noted your comments regarding our pricing in the bar and I regret that you did not feel it represents good value. This has been noted and I would like to assure you that we continually monitor our prices against those of our competitors to ensure we offer value for money. We also have multiple dining options on the resort including an Italian menu in Fairways restaurant and our kitchen team will always ensure that any requirements are catered for.

Thank you again for your excellent review and I look forward to, hopefully, having the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown Mount Kennedy
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
The Martello Hotel
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!