“Nice hotel with helpful staff”
Review of Parkview Hotel

Parkview Hotel
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel with helpful staff”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed for one night before an event the following day. Very helpful staff and a large, clean room. Only downside is that check in is quite late (3pm), however, this means check out is also later - so it depends on your priorities! If you're visiting the area, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed here for my nieces wedding Great place for a wedding lovely outdoor seating area and most rooms have a balcony and look out on to a little river a lovely walkway...very quiet town nice for a couples get away...but if your a city slicker like me I felt I was miles away from the city even though its only a 30 min drive

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel as we were attending a conference. Couldnt help but book a suite since the price was so reasonalble. We would normally stay in at least a 4 star (fussy, I know ??!!) but on checking out the website....it did look nice.

So we arrived in Newtownmountkennedy (Jeez that was a mouthfull !!), and checked into the hotel. The reception area was nice, and the receptionist was very friendly and polite. Already I am pleased, so I peep into the lounge area and look forward to a drink there later.

We went up to our suite, which was as big and as nice as the website described. As always when staying away, I look forward to getting right into the experience. I immediately looked for our comfy robes and slippers (as stated on the website) only to discover that they were not there. We phoned reception and they were not aware of robes and slippers !!!!..........but called housekeeping to check it out ??

We did get a knock on our door a very short time later, from a very nice and friendly girl explaining that they did not have any slippers but handed us a couple of bathrobes. Her friendliness completely made up for the lack of slippers !!

The room was huge, with an amazing bathroom with jacuzzi..........heaven !! It had a fridge, and an ice bucket with tonges, so if you did bring a bottle of wine / champange you had somewhere to cool it. Also if you required they would stock the mini bar too.

With a trouser press, ironing board etc....we wanted for nothing. Little things like the beds not made to perfection, or not so little for me.......... the pillows being hard and flat, that showed it up to be a 3* hotel. But I could overlook the little things as bathroom was magnificant.

From reading reviews here I learned that the food in the hotel was not great. Someone suggested the pub down the road, which we tried. We had a couple of drinks there, and some food (which was really not good at all, even though the staff were nice).

We then returned to the hotel, and I couldnt help noticing other people eating.....and their food looked amazing. I was sorry that I didnt stick to the hotel, as it did look really nice.

One of the highlights for me was the bar area (sad,...I know ??) but the bar staff / area was sunken into the floor, so the customers sitting on very comfy leather bucket chairs at the bar, were level with the bar staff !!! You would have to see it........I loved it.

So finally.....breakfast was pure class. It was waiter service for your breakfast (this is not normal 3* at all) and a full Irish breakfast was delivered to your table, with tea and coffee. You also had a choice of cereals and fruit and pastries, to fill you up for the day.

So all in all, this was a really lovely 3* experience, as I didnt expect it to have such attention to detail. The thing that makes this hotel stand out.............was its staff. They treated us like 5* guests..........I like that.

Yes I would recommend this hotel, the staff make it wonderful. There is no leisure centre, which can be off putting. But its a quaint country village, full of charm and beauty.

Im not sure I will have a reason to visit this hotel again.....but if I do, I will really look forward to it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, its not that much more expensive......but worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tinkerbelle333
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed here last week as I was attending a family event in the area. I got a great deal on booking.com. €44 for a double room without breakfast. The room was large,the bed was superking size and very comfortable. The room and bathroom was spotless. We had drinks and eat two starters in the bar. The food was lovely, I had the salmon fish cakes which was served with a lovely fresh salad. The bar staff were very friendly and chatted about the local area. The bar is modern with very comfortable seating. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. It was an exceptional hotel rate for the quality of the hotel

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank catmonaghan
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in August. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the nice location as well. There was a very good breakfast included in the rate. The car park was very full, but overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
belfast
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed as got a very cheap deal on booking.com wasnt expecting much as was so cheap 35euro,
hotel was excellent very clean only 30mins from Dublin.
Dunnes right next to hotel for anything u need lovely wee river between them, bedrooms very clean comfy great nights sleep.
Ate in the bar food was nice nothing over the top, didnt have breakfast so cant comment.
If you have a car 10min drive away another lovely town and beach.

would 100% reccommend this hotel.

1 Thank Charlay
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We were traveling to an event the next day, and broke our journey in Parkview Hotel. We got a good deal on hotels.com, the room was comfortable, clean and sufficed for our night away.
We ate in the bar on the night, my partner had monkfish goujons in tempura batter, I had scampi. The monkfish tasted better than the scampi, but that was a personal taste, both were fresh and good portion sizes. The bar was packed that night, and continued serving food till 10.
Just wished the breakfast next morning, full irish was not deep fat fried, apart from eggs, but this seems to be a common solution in many hotels these days.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank bandrews212
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Parkview Hotel? Share your experiences!