“Amazing Bed and Breakfast”

Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rathnew
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in May and LOVED it! The staff was very nice and we even met one of the new owner's who was very friendly. He showed us around and let us see the horses. They are doing some work to it with the gardens and it is lovely and beautiful! I didn't eat dinner there but I did have the breakfast and it was delicious! The traditional Irish breakfast is great and so it the salmon with scrambled eggs! They also have juices, croissants, fruit, etc out if you don't want to order off the menu. I will definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleenb3

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spend a wonderful 2 days at TInakilly House for our son's Christening in March of this year. The staff from start to finish went to so much trouble to ensure that everything was just exactly the way we would have liked it. Nothing was too much trouble. We were given our own beautiful private room and brought our Christening cake which a family member had made. Everyone was at their ease and there was a real sense of family and occasion having our own separate space. I would highly recommend Tinakilly if you are holding any such family occasion and as I told staff at the end of our stay we are already looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Delzer
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just had a lovely night away in Tinakilly House, just sorry we couldnt have stayed longer. The hotel was beautiful and very well maintained the weather was very pleasant when we arrived and we were able to sit and have a drink outside in the lovely garden. The bedroom was a four poster suite which was very large and spotlessly clean. The staff were very polite and friendly and food in the bar was delicious. We would recommend it to anyone wanting to get away and relax and we would love to return soon.

Room Tip: loved the four poster suite, very spacious but shower very small that was only negative
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rachel54
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I read the negative reviews, and those people must have stayed somewhere else but Tinakilly. We had extremely pleasant service and kind staff. I could not believe how huge the place is. We ate in the lounge one night and had a great little meal, just right for us. There was a place for everyone, but I would imagine a bit challenging with children in the winter. We spent one evening in front of the Christmas tree listening to the piano and visiting with two local ladies who were from the area and out for a holiday evening. Even the other guests were cordial. Breakfast did not include made to order eggs, but still quite plentiful. I loved the setting and the room was nice and toasty for a cold night. The receptionist gave all kinds of tips for seeing the best spots of the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank janeblazek
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and I travelled to Tinakilly House last weekend and had a fantastic time. We stayed in the Four Poster Suite which was beautiful. The restaurant and bar were excellent. We also had afternoon tea which was great value and delicious. The staff were very pleasant and I am looking forward to visiting the hotel again, hopefully very soon :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N B
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hugely memorable stay with the family, wonderful hotel and gardens, lots to see locally including the world class Mount Usher Gardens, a few miles away. Food excellent, and the rooms are huge with great views.

Room Tip: Our rooms were much bigger than those in Dublin for the same price
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeHalsall
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Sometimes it is more interesting when you review an hotel on a second or subsequent visit, as it allows you to see progress. Progress here is ongoing and what I previously considered excellent, just got better! This is a country house hotel and, having been bought from the Receiver in mid 2013, has seen great progress beeing made. On a recent visit, when we stayed for a few days, it was good to see yet more positive changes. The traditional dining room has been retained, whilst the sitting room has gone - to be replaced by a delightful breakfast room. What was a previously a bit understated, as a sitting room, is now a pleasure to enter in the morning. In addition, I am delighted to say, the breakfast buffet has gone (hurrah!) to be replaced by a cooked breakfast of your choice, following your cereal, etc. I had to ask myself how did they know one of my favourite breakfasts is bacon and pancakes? I love the bar menu here, so much so that I have to tear myself away to eat in the dining room. The night we ate in the dining room we had lamb shoulder cooked to near perfection. You do need to be warned, should you think you are seeing double, there are triplets working here! Coffee, one of my "standards" on a comparison of premises, was excellent and helped by a nightcap in the small but well stocked bar.
Rooms are delightful, as you can see, with plenty of space and each having its own character. The grounds are a delight to walk around and there has been not the slightest detraction following the building of a tea room. The tea room is multi-functional and, like many areas of the hotel, can be used for a variety of functions.
Parking is not a problem here. The staff are exceptional in their approach to customer care and, perhaps, this is the direct influence of one of the owners working alongside them. Whatever the purpose of your visit, be it business or pleasure, you should consider discussing your needs with this great country house hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Irish sea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rathnew
Glenview Hotel
#2 of 4 in Arklow
Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry

Been to Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!