Partner had surprised me with a weekend away in Ireland and, to add on to that, with a full day of pampering too!
I arrived to the place around 12 o'clock and was welcomed with a massive smile from one of the staff. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't one of those 'I have to smile so I will' type of smiles, the lovely lady who met me made me feel truly welcomed.
I had chosen to have full body massage and deep tissue back massage, facial and manicure. When I was showed the room, I really liked the fact that I was left to it for a few minutes, so I had time to get used to the surroundings, get changed and I even managed to get a photo! My apologies for the bad quality, the phone camera is kind of bad, haha.
When the therapist got to the room, I was advised that because I had told them I had an achy back that hasn't been checked out by a doctor, I couldn't have the deep tissue back massage and was offered to choose another treatment, so I went for the pedicure instead.
The girl, who turned out to be Latvian too (haha, I was quite surprised about that, as I had traveled from East Midlands, England myself), was very friendly and kept explaining everything she was doing and why.
The full body massage was amazing! I absolutely loved it and would go back again and again, if I lived nearby (and also, if I didn't have to pay for it myself hahaha).
I was a bit worried about the facial, as I have mixed type of skin, but Eva (?) reassured me that she'd use different products for different areas and she did not lie! Boom, here I am, 3 hours later and still glowing!
Manicure and pedicure...well, I don't have to comment on this, do I? It was really good and I liked the choice of nail varnish colours too.
All in all, an amazing day in a beautiful location! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some thanking to do :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant County Wicklow, Ireland - Rathnew