“Not that happy”
Review of Devon Inn Hotel

Devon Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newcastle West
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have dinners here alot great food and I often attended weddings here the weddings are lovely. But last year I held my 21st here and when I landed to check in the evening I was told what room I would be staying in and was given the key. So I went up to the room to get ready and the room was all messy it obviously had not been made up. There was no sheets on the bed the cups were all dirty. Also there was anful smell musk and dust everywhere. I rang reception to send someone up and I was waiting for some time and no one landed so I rang again and she said she would up soon. So I waited another 15 mins finally she came so instead of watching her to hurry up and clean my room. I just decided to have a cup of tea downstairs now in fairness when I came back the room was clean but that smell ewww. My night was a good one but as I checked out the next day I had realised that not one of the staff nembers had apoglised for not having my room ready. I was not happy leaving the hotel I felt like I was given the worse room in the hotel and I had spent more then enough money on the room and the party and also brought in customers. I should been treated better. I would not be recommending anyone I know to have his/she's 21st there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We used the restaurant in this hotel while on a road trip from Kerry to Tipperary and back. It's ideally located as it's located right beside the road. We found that the premises was welcoming and clean. The food was of a very good standard and was very reasonable. The service was of an excellent standard,very friendly and efficient and we were served in a reasonable time. All in all strongly recommend that you use this restaurant if on this route

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gerrysparrow
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was in the Devon Inn Hotel for the first time last week and I must say I was very impressed. The staff are lovely and the food is to die for. There are lovely gardens at the back so it is suitable for families with small children. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gerry028
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a lamb chop dinner which was OK and then headed to the bar for a drink. The bartender was Amy who was absolutely excellent and attentive to my as well as everyone else's needs. Good place for a cozy meal!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank C O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel has a personality disorder with two different personalities, Food and Beverage and Accommodation. Lets start with the positives, Food and Beverage. The food is excellent, last night I had a seafood chowder followed by rack of lamb. Both were excellent, the waitress was very attentive and the barman kept filling up my glass of water and lime with utmost professionalism and friendliness. Breakfast this morning was also excellent, a beautifully decorated restaurant, attentive staff and good food. Now lets get to the not so good. The room was OK but oh so dated. The dark furniture, patterned curtains, patterned carpet and patterned bed spread would have delighted my 90 year old grandmother but it did nothing for me. But it was a bed and a shower and the price was reasonable enough. So with the excellent food, good location, good staff they have the basis for an excellent hotel but they really need to get a good contemporary room designer in. Would I eat there again ? Definitely. Would I stay there again? Maybe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank EquiCaroline
Reviewed 23 May 2014

fine hotel on your left 5 minutes from newcastle west.....nice place to rest on long journey towards tralee/killarney/dingle....food good....drinks good....rooms excellent.....prices fair to good....always stop here while driving down from dublin............road from dublin to limerick now brilliant.....................................limerick to kerry ok only.............serios bottlenecks in adare and abbey feale......................never see a policeman on duty...even on bank holiday fridays or mondays............................maybe traffic is not on their list anymore???? they would say council problem....council would say nta problem....round and round we go.....bad show in front of many tourists heading south....especially may to sept.....some effort should be made to help traffic holdups...........................

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tomhannon
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel recently revamped. Very luxurious and stylish. Food in the bar is excellent for the price you pay. Steak sandwiche is delish !!! Loads of parking and staff very nice and helpful.i would recommend it for a night or weekend away.

• Stayed: May 2014
Rathkeale House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rathkeale
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel

Been to Devon Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!