“treat like family members”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Yorkshire
“treat like family members”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Eileen's cakes were the most welcoming introduction to our stay.
An all round relaxing atmosphere with typical farm house ambience and some excellent food - that breakfast lasted us all day - thank you

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Yorkshire Dangerous,
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Glad you enjoyed the Guinness Cake.
One thing I really like is for someone to eat a big breakfast.
I hate waste!
Thank you.
Eileen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Malone, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Orchard. Eileen was a great hostess and even shared her home made breads and jellies. She is a great cook. The B&B was clean and comfortable. I would definately recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in the area. It was like staying with family...but better.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Debbie,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is great to get such a warm recommendation from you.
Thank you so very much.
Eileen
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

What a gracious and genuine hostess Eileen Murphy is. Called last minute to enquire about room, was given an immediate no problem, come on in and there will be tea ready and Homemade Guineas Cake! Rooms were spotless, great shower, terrific breakfast! Would stay just to chat with Eileen! She had great advice about areas to see and things to do. Thank you for everything! Great fun:)

• Stayed April 2013
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Gibbs B,

It was great having you stay and because you understood the hospitality industry so well, I feel so proud of your comments.
Your photos are lovely.
You must have been in the photography business at some stage in your life.
You are now back at work and I am sure your customers will be just as happy with you as you were with me.
Thank you for your comments.
Regards,
West Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Eileen Murphy is an excellent and gracious host, making my party of 4 feel welcome and at home. The accomodations were excellent! On our arrival, although late in the evening, she offered us tea and a delicious Guinness Bread. Our morning meal was excellent in every respect and she was very helpful in giving us directions and local dining suggestions - I wil stay at Eileen's again. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Connie,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I must say I had great fun talking to you over the cup of tea.
I hope you enjoy making the Guinness Cake. I will have to make one now as I have two people coming from the North of Ireland tomorrow and they are looking forward to it. I hope you ladies had a great time for the rest of your holiday.
Thanks again for the kind works.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Eileen, Pat, and Emer were so welcoming to our family and they really made us feel at home. Eileen met us when we arrived with tea and homemade cake. She also found a big bag of toys for our little girl. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. We had a nice evening in and Pat told us about their farm. Breakfast was fresh eggs (a choice of chicken or duck!), a fry, and delicious homemade bread. The Orchard is located close to the Southern Trail walking route and Eileen was very knowledgable about the different sections and helped us plan our walks. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate H
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Kate,

Thank you so very much for your kind words.
Your little daughter was so delightful and so quite you wouldn't know a child was in the house.
When you will be back in this area again, you will be very welcome here at The Orchard Bed and Breakfast.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My MCC buddies and I stay over recently, received a very warm welcome. Rooms were spacious, well furnished, shower, tv etc. Beds were comfy and rooms were well heated. We were well fed in the morning and were made feel at home by the proprieter (Eileen). Price was very reasonable and will be putting the phone number in the diary for our visit again next year.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Joebarrett180
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Lads,
It was great having you stay. I am glad you liked the duck eggs and home made black pudding for breakfast. I will be looking forward to having you stay again next year. I will still have the facility of driving you into your night's entertainment. Thank You.
Sneem, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Orchard for three nights during the Taste of West Fest 15th 16th September.We were exhibitors at the taste of West Fest.

The B&B is located jut outside Newcastle West on the Adare Limerick road

We arrived and were welcomed by the owner Eileen Murphy who showed a choice of rooms and after having allowed us to settle in offered a much welcome cup of tea along with some of her griddle bread, home-made jams and porter cake.
Each morning we had a lovely breakfast of local bacon and sausages with fresh eggs from their own hens, accompanied by delicious griddle bread and some more of the selection of jams.

The room was comfortable, en-suite and quiet
This B&B is one of the nicest I have stayed in and a real gem Eileen is a exceptional hostess ensuring we were comfortable and welcome at all times.
She even generously shared her griddle bread recipe with us when we showed an interest.
We will be returning next year for West Fest 2013!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eileen G
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear E,
Thank you so very much for the lovely comments.
As regards the griddle bread recipe, did you develop an easy version for your own business?
As Griddle Bread is so traditional and so tasty, I think your customers would love it. I am looking forward to tasting more of your delicious cakes next year and maybe your adaptation of my recipe.
Thank you.
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,871 reviews

Been to The Orchard? Share your experiences!