“The best place to eat in mayo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe le Cheile

Cafe le Cheile
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Knock
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The best place to eat in mayo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I and our children visited knock last Sunday and we were recommended to eat at cafe le chéile by a friend of ours. To be honest we were not expecting gourmet food as we had never heard any good reports on anywhere in knock but boy were we impressed. What a wonderful bright airy clean restaurant. We were seated by a lovely young waitress and given menus and told what the specials of the day were. I had seafood chowder and it was the best I have eaten . The brown bread was fresh and delicious . My wife had the Cajun prawn salad which had big fat juicy prawns tossed in a hot spicy dressing. It was beautiful. The children had a half portion of very tasty roast lamb and a warm salad of chicken and bacon. To say the food was top class is an understatement. We eat out a lot and will be back to cafe le chéile again. Well done to the chef and what a lovely bunch of front of house staff.

3 Thank Maple1962

Douglas, Cork
“Fabulous cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Le Cheile, meaning together and that's how you feel as you enter the cafe. We are all pilgrims together. The cafe is lovely decorated, right next door to the Museum, which we also visited. The cafe has only been opened since August 2011. The food was lovely. My Dad had the beef stew, I had chicken with a honey and mustard sauce with rice and my Mum had a bowl of soup, brown bread and cappuccino. We also got three scones to takeaway. The bill came to €30.00, very reasonable and good food. The staff were also very helpful and instead of queuing at the till, they came down to us. The cafe was quite busy, we were there for lunch time. The cafe opens from 10.00, so the next day, I went down to get my scones and brown bread for the journey home. The brown bread was only out of the oven. €3.00 for the brown bread and €2.70 for the three fruit scones, well worth it. Will definitely be coming back the next time I am in Knock.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Anniebannie1981
Killarney, Ireland
“Great home cooking at Café le Chéile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I have been to Café le Chéile three times now and have to say it is a great place to get a taste of good home-style and healthy cooking. I was impressed the first time I went there. The atmosphere in the café is very pleasant. The tables are well laid out, everything looks bright and cheerful, and you have a lovely view of the Basilica. The food is absolutely delicious and there is a wide range of dishes - ranging from very tasty salads to baked potatoes to delicious roasts. The waitresses take your order at your table and they are all very friendly. I have to mention that the desserts are also delicious. Café le Chéile also has a wine license so you can have a glass of wine with your meal as well. I can highly recommend this restaurant to all those visiting Knock. The word "Café" is an understatement as this is really a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Marion054
ireland
“back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Love this restaurant and keep coming back to it. We visit Knock regularly and now we have found this jewel we would make this a regular haunt. The staff are fantastic - so welcoming and personable.... they remember you and make you feel important.. They really go that extra mile to meet your needs. We asked about the statue that was adjacent to the cafe and whilst no -0ne knew who it was - the staff did their best to supply the relevant history. Staff were also fab at reccommending a varriety of coach/bus trips etc. FAB! 5 stars

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jo b
London, United Kingdom
“Exactly the type of cafe that visitors in Knock would enjoy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Seafood chowder was good, quite a big portion with proper salmon in it served with Irish brea. We also had the chicken wrap, cheese toast and fried mushroom with garlic. Probably the nicest looking cafe in Knock and very pleased we came here!

1 Thank Wendy8088