“Good food but service lets it down ”
Review of Cafe le Cheile

Cafe le Cheile
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Knock
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with my mother.
The cafe was busy but not so busy to justify the length of time we were waiting to be served.
The waitress who served us appeared very disinterested and while she certainly was not rude she was not friendly either.
The food was quite good - my mother had soup and a toasted sandwich which were good and I had an egg mayonnaise salad which lacked on presentation and taste.
The menu looks good and dishes I saw with other diners had large portions.
For me service is key and Cafe le Cheile fell at the first fence.

3  Thank Redsionnach

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Great food,hot and fresh
Service was with a smile unlike the service in the knock house hotel we got the day previous wed so my thanks to the staff of cafe le cheile.

3  Thank chatterbox7812
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited the cafe on a Sunday at lunch time. The cafe staff were so efficient and friendly. The food was so hot and tasty and so much of it we couldn't finish it. Would highly recommend it and will be back.

3  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I visited knock this week on route to Ireland west airport to collect my two sisters and dropped into cafe le cheile for breakfast. What struck me straight away was how clean the whole place was. What a view over the grounds. I had the best breakfast I have had for ages. Lovely poached eggs and grilled bacon with gorgeous home made brown bread. My sisters flight was 3 hours delayed so we stopped in cafe le cheile for lunch on way back to galway . They were as impressed as I was. I had salmon with spinach and risotto and both my sisters had seafood bake. Everything was great and we got buttered cabbage and purée turnip on our veg. A nice change from the boring veg you seem to get everywhere. I will be telling people about my find in knock and will be back to this great cafe.

3  Thank klunc
Reviewed 1 December 2013

this is a nice clean bright and fresh little cafe located very close to the basilica in knock.
had a lovely lunch here good value happy customer! vol au vont was tasty and the people i was with had roast dinners that equally looked good. didnt have a dessert but seen the home made ones on the way to paying and they looked great too!

3  Thank orangeapple