“will go there again next chance we get”
Review of Beachcombers Hotel

Beachcombers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grouville
Reviewed 21 June 2012

this Hotel was recommended to us by Islanders. Last time we stayed at Radisson Blu a very modern large hotel near Town. This time we enjoyed the quiet location just far enough from Gorey. We ate 5 breakfasts, all items not always on Buffet, but easily available if asked for.and 2 very enjoyable evening meals. Agree with previous comment, thats why we ended up eating out, to avoid repeated menus over 3 nights of our 5 night stay.got the chance to thank the Chef as we checked out.The weather not too good but we got to use the heated outdoor pool a couple of times. the out- door furnishings were of top Hotel quality and all public areas were spotlessly clean, well furnished and all the staff friendly,efficient and attentive. The only critisism we could make was the bedroom curtains could do with black-out lining because the room got very bright from just after 4a.m. will definitely look forward to a return visit to Jersey, and hopefully Beachcombers too. Not really suitable for families with very young children though ,but plenty of toys, games,high chairs etc seemed available.

Room Tip: back of Hotel overlooks carpark, gardens and pool then Tennis courts and fields beyond, ground level...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deb k

Reviewed 15 June 2012

this is the 4th year we have been to this hotel, going again in August. Hotel is in a quiet and relaxing position.

Evening meal has much improved since last year, only downside was we had the same menu 2 nights running and could perhaps do with a selection of vegetables with it.

Cannot fault the service of the barman who has been there for 4 years and remenbers us each time we return, nothing is to much trouble for him.

Bar very quiet in the evenings, only a few people use it.

Rooms very clean and spacious, beds extremely comfortable,

outside space very pretty.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynda h
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Good public areas benefiting from recent updating. Frendly good natured staff who are attentive. Breakfast good in inclusive price, location is relaxing, a short walk from the beach and golf course. Bed most comfortable although the room was clean its now due for updating. I was over on business and after some hectic days found Beachcombers relaxing to return to in the evening and good value. I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NPH7
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were booked for a 5 night bargain break at this hotel. We were very pleased with the location, it was also easy to find. Room 30 was spacious, good storage and with a very large comfy bed. There was a french door opening onto a small area with a table and 2 chairs, unfortunately unused due to inclement weather. The bathroom/shower was beautifully tiled and very clean, only small complaint, the bath towels were small and the shower a bit tricky to get temperature right.
The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was excellent with a really good selection for breakfast. We dined in one evening and again were pleased with the food and service.
Grouville and Gorey are a short drive away with a variety of food outlets including a great fish & chip shop. We parked up and ate ours enjoying the wonderful view. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank minkytb
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Whilst the room is lacking some touches if you have dogs this is a great hotel. The staff are really accommodating and friendly. Breakfast is good and there is plenty of it.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank RaellisS
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Spent a week in this hotel, and my first impression was: where's the beach? It is a good 20/30 minute walk away along tarmac roads! Overall this place looked OK, and by and large, the staff worked very hard, and food average. Whilst we were staying there though, there was a family consisting of 2 adults and 3 kids - they occupied the rooms above ours, and the noise levels were at times unbearable! I was informed that this man was a "millionaire" and was considering buying the hotel. This is not what I would have expected from a prosepctive purchaser: to bring along wife and unruly children and wreck the peaceful break that most people expect when on holiday. It was noticeable that this family were given carte blanc whilst they stayed - including the father [millionaire] throwing his cigarette ends over the wall by the swimming pool! Frankly, I couldn't care less if he was the sheik of arabi - his behaviour proved the old adage "money doesn't buy good grace/manners or consideration for the other guests at the hotel who had paid good money to stay! Needless to say, I will never go back. And most certainly if this millionare does indeed purchase the place there's not a cat in hell's chance! Pity as this place could have been the little haven I had hoped for. Also my first trip to Jersey, I normally do long haul and hotel stays include Hilton & Sheriton, perhaps I should have done more research?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank mogeorges
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I was booked for a 5 night stay at this hotel. When I arrived I was pleased with the setting. At reception I was told my room had been trashed by the previous occupant and that I was being transferred to another comparable hotel. I found myself dumped outside a no -star pub in a really busy location. They refused to accomodated me even when the manager at the pub phoned. I went on holiday in July, the room had been booked via Ilkeston Co-op in January. Maybe they don't appreciate single occupancy, I would not recommend this hotel, or if you go there, don't fall for this scam, refuse to be moved to another hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Sham S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grouville
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
#2 of 2 in Grouville
Longueville Manor
Longueville Manor
#1 of 5 in StSaviour

Been to Beachcombers Hotel? Share your experiences!