“Great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grouville
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my wife and family and partners for one night,could not fault it,Anna the manageress is really helpful,she even gave us one of the best rooms,the hotel is spotless ,food was excellent,bar prices cheaper than most pubs,all in a great nights stay,sorry we did not book for longer,I will be going back. ,but staying longer,Anna you run a great hotel,you did yourself proud.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
english tourist abroad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I returned to Jersey after over 25 years away for a visit this time with my 2 grandchildren (both under 11). We had booked one of the Beachcombers family rooms. Well the size of it was amazing, a large double for my wife and I, and the grandchildren in a large window alcove. The room had plenty of space for storage and a nice shower room. The breakfast could not be faulted at whatever time you attended there was plenty and if they had run out of food, just ask the staff and it was then there.
The swimming pool was well used by the grandchildren early in the morning and late at night ( or until it was closed) very clean as was the whole of the public area of the hotel.
My only complaint and its not really a complaint with the Beachcomber Hotel was that there are 11 family rooms and when you look on the evening menu there is no children section.
The location of the hotel is ideal, just a short drive from the village of Gorey, there are 2 bus routes one right outside the hotel and one about 10 minutes walk, down by the royal Golf course, this was great to get into town as I had forgot to purchase a time card for parking. Reminder the last bus back is 2315 so night owls will have to get a taxi. (remember to take a torch as there are limited street lights in this area).
The all the staff are very attentive and helpful which made our stay very pleasant indeed.
I would stay again if I areturned to Jersey ( not so long between visits)

Room Tip: if there are family rooms overlooking the pool area ask for them, but you may be effected by any car...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Nephew and his wife had their wedding reception at The Beachcombers Hotel in Grouville,Jersey,Channel Islands,our family and friends 70 of them stayed at the hotel,family came from all over the world including America and Australia,the setting was amazing,beautiful gardens and fabulous pool,even the sun came out when we arrived back from the Chapel,we enjoyed Pimms poolside Anna and her staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble,our room was very clean and comfortable overlooking the pool,hotel decor was lovely throughout,food was fabulous,breakfast was amazing with so much choice,we would not hesitate to return to The Beachcomber Hotel for a future holiday. Thank you all so much for our wonderful stay X

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jersey CI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I recently hired the Beachcombers for our wedding reception on Saturday 14th September 2013.

Anna and her team were simply perfect. They organised everything from guest rooms, a birthday meal on Friday 13th, the dining room on Saturday, wine, amazing food, red carpet for the hotel entrance,etc.

Our day was made perfect due to the beautiful weather, planning, efficiency and professionalism by the hotel staff and for that we are extremely grateful. Thank you.

We will be back in a year or so for the christening if/when we have a child........

Room Tip: We hired the majority of the rooms in the hotel, our room was number 39 - it overlooks the swimming...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jersey-1984
jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

my son just had his wedding at the Beachcombers Hotel Grouville for 95 guests. 70 of them stayed at the hotel it was fabulous the gardens and the pool all made the setting great for pictures even the sun came out!!! the food and the staff were all amazing !!! My room was very clean and spacious bed was comfortable !! Ate in the restaurant twice food very good! breakfast great too ! The wedding food was fabulous as it was a sit down 4 course meal all the food came out hot!!! wow Anna and her staff worked so hard to make it special for my son and his bride and we had a fab time thank you Beachcombers !!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We booked into this place based on some of the reviews either we are missing something or got a very bad room I wouldn't have been so disappointed if I thought it was a B&B but this place is no way 3 star or a hotel the rooms are old the shower door was broken and the lino on the floor is screwed down to the floor rooms are tiny and noisy. When I checked out the girl on reception tried to bill me for a breakfast we never had, we didn't even go into the dining room let alone eat there her reaction was terrible I would never stay here again especially with so many other places to stay

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Aines01
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I returned to Jersey for our 35th Anniversary after honeymooning in the Island. We chose the hotel based on it's location and the availability of parking, and the offer made by the holiday company.
It's a delightful little hotel, away from the gridlock that is St Helier. Set in farmland near Grouville, Beachcombers is charming from the minute you walk in. We were lucky enough to have a large room which had a separate seating area, massive bedroom and unique bathroom ( set in the eaves part of the roof is sloped but posed no problem to negotiate.) Full tea and coffee making facilities and bags of space.
Staff were attentive without being intrusive. Breakfast came as part of the package and what a breakfast it was! I particularly enjoyed the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the bespoke porridge. All the usual culprits were available-one of the best buffet style breakfasts I've had-especially the fresh fried mushrooms. The Hotel does not do lunch, but this is hardly a hardship with the numerous Inns and restaurants that Jersey offers. They do however do Dinner and how! Delicious well-cooked food , well presented in their own charming and interestingly decorated restaurant. Driftwood sculptures and natural woods mixed with metals and an outrageous zebra skin chaise in the bar area make for a different experience.
I really recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecily C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grouville
The Inn Boutique
Merton Hotel
Merton Hotel
#2 of 5 in StSaviour
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,534 reviews

Been to Beachcombers Hotel? Share your experiences!