“Lovely location”

Ranked #5 of 7 St Aubin B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just across the road from the beach, a 10 min stroll into St Aubins and the bus stop (including the airport route) is right outside the gate.
I can only reiterate comments from other reviewers - a warm welcome, good food, a comfy bed and the best view from a bathroom to date!
Loads of places to eat in St Aubin (we did Pedros, very good, and Cheffins, even better on this trip) and a very pleasant stroll it is too.
Erik provided a bus timetable on arrival so that we could plan our trips (at this time of year some buse routes are every 2 hourlyish). The fares have already been mentioned elsewhere (£1.20 from the airport),
Yes it is on the main road and has no associated parking but the traffic noise is easily ignored from the front rooms, unless in Summer if you want the windows open. Our room was fine, with no complaints, but I understand what another reviewer said about some of the decor being a bit tired. I would book again.

Room Tip: One word of warning - the stairs to the top floor are steep so if you have any issues with that I wo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently spent four nights at Au Caprice and had a really lovely stay. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast is more than ample to set you up for the day. Erik was really friendly and there was lots of tourist information available both leaflet wise and from Erik himself. The bus stops literally outside the gate, two fare bands either £1.20 or £1.70 for a single ticket and there is a bus No.15 which goes from the Airport directly to the gate of Au Caprice en route to St Helier. As mentioned in previous reviews there is a lovely stroll into St Aubins which has a number of nice places to eat (we tried Pedro's (lovely) and also the Tenby for a pub lunch). In the opposite direction we had dinner at the Goose and also a meal in St Helier. Overall Au Caprice offers excellent value for money and I would highly recommend. Only thing I would say is if you aren't good with stairs you may want to request a ground floor room.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank discoverer186338
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We holidayed at the Au Caprice several times when I was a child. I'm talking more than 25 years ago. It's changed hands a couple of times since then, but we decided to head back there for my Dad's 70th birthday as a trip down memory lane.

It looks much as it did when I was a knee high to a Jersey cow (I am of course basing that on photos not memory!). The welcome from the owners Eric and Helene was superb. A delayed ferry meant we arrived quite late in the evening - not a problem for them.

We had two rooms (a twin and a double) with sea views. And the views are gorgeous. However, being at the front of the hotel that provides the spectacular views does mean being on a fairly major road. As major as roads get in Jersey. I didn't suffer from traffic noise as I wear ear plugs, but it was an issue for others in our group.

My father and uncle reported very comfy twin beds, however my partner and I found the double to small and too soft for both of us (we were both rolling into the middle). We are used to a much firmer mattress - but of course this is personal choice.

We were all impressed with the breakfast. I in particular was well looked after. Having spoken to Eric in advance about my food allergies, he had stocked up on things suitable to my wheat and dairy allergies. I was very impressed, and pleased that it wasn't made into a big issue.

Eric and Helene were friendly and helpful without being in your face about your holiday. Thanks for a great stay!

Recommendations: The Boathouse in St Aubin, a 10 minute walk from the Au Caprice for great food. Mont Orguiel and Elizabeth Castle for fascinating history of the island. Allow plenty of time for both, and don't get caught not leaving enough hours on a parked car! Gorgeous Bonne Nuit Bay and the cafe there for lunch with a view.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a great view, but can be noisy with the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mrswombat1
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just come back from a week at Au Caprice. Would definitely recommend it to everybody. B&B just right, clean, and quiet. Its on the sea front and owners very approachable and friendly. Breakfast is good, with as much as you want, very well cooked. 10 minute walk into St Aubins Bay where there are some lovely restaurants. The Bus stop is literally outside the B&B and the bus service on the island is really good, on time and friendly bus drivers! If If I go back to Jersey, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Supersue1956
scotland
Reviewed 4 July 2013

great location, great host, comfortable stay and a lovely breakfast. St aubin is 15 minute stroll along the prom. Highly recommended. Bracewells restaurant, Dannys and the tenby pub are all excellent places to eat.

Room Tip: We never requested a sea view room but had a great view from the side room number 5. front rooms hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Au Caprice is reasonably priced and very pleasant in all areas.

The owners were really nice and never overbearing or intrusive. They welcomed us straight away and were happy to help whenever we needed them, which was rarely because we had no problems.

Our room was clean and spacious. We even got a sea view out of the window on the side of the house when we hadn't paid for one. The fixtures were slightly outdated but overall just like a normal hotel room and what we expected for the price.

Breakfasts were good, quick and tasty. Would recommend the poached eggs!

Makes a great base for a weekend when you're planning to get out and see the Island. Would recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robtomkinson
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had two great breaks in this lovely place that definitely exceeds 3* standard! Firs time my partner made a booking just for two of us and it was so memorable that we returned next year with friends.

Highly recommended!

Hotel La Place
Hotel La Place
#1 of 16 in St Brelade
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Au Caprice Guesthouse? Share your experiences!