“St Aubins Steak House”
Review of St. Aubins Steak House - CLOSED

St. Aubins Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ashford, United Kingdom
“St Aubins Steak House”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

good quality food served at this venue, service very good friendly staff, quality of the meat very good italian chefs so a little twist to some dishes good choice across starters, mains and puddings!

• Visited October 2012

“Good food but go early”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We sat down to eat at about 7pm. We had a very enjoyable meal, although we did find the staff a bit "mechanical". By the time we had finished the place was full and the noise was deafening! There were two large groups ( 8 and 11) and their general chatter appeared to be trapped in the restaurant - we could not hear each other talk!

Glasgow
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

On our first night in Jersey we really fancied a good steak for dinner so opted for here rather than a restaurant that offered the normal variety of food. When we arrived we were promptly shown to a table and given a few minutes to look at the drinks menu. We chose the chateaubriand for our main, I like my steak more rare and my partner medium rare and it was cooked to perfection. My partner even popped his head around the kitchen door to thank the chef. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will definately go back on our next trip to Jersey.

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointing celebration dinner”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

As a local jersey resident, it is always a pleasure to try a new restaurant, especially one within walking distance. Unfortunately our experience at 'The Steak House', can only be described as poor. I was truly looking forward to their description of their sirloin steak, juicy etc. Sadly, I was served a slice of very thin beef, probably a quarter of an inch thick, overcooked and tastless and to add insult to injury tough and chewy, it has actually been years since I have had a steak so awful. The sauce, a pepper sauce tasted of nothing, bland can be the only way to describe it. We did not want potatoes, so they gave us a very boring salad, served with a french dressing in a plastic bottle. We asked for some red wine vinager and were given a bowl of malt vinager. My daughter had already put this on her salad when I noticed that it was not red wine vinager. I asked again but the waitress said they didn't have any other vinagers or dressings. We didn't bother to eat the salads.
The waitress at some point asked how our dinner was, but before I could tell her she had already moved to the next table to ask them something. There were only about three tables occupied, so she spent most her time polishing glasses rather than attending to anyones needs. She said she was sorry that we didn't enjoy our meal, but that the other two tables had. Lucky them! There are some lovely restaurants in St. Aubins, maybe I just picked the wrong thing, a steak, maybe just the wrong night, however, I shall be sticking to The Salty Dog, or the Old Court House and any of the other lovely restaurants, I will not be going there again and certainly will not be recommending it to any of my friends or visitors to Jersey.

1 Thank Charlibee
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Initially we had trouble finding a parking space close to the Steak House as it was pouring with rain and we didn't fancy a long walk to the restaurant. It was a Friday evening and the area was pretty full. After 15 mins we found a spot in the local car park.

When we arrived we were seated straight away and it looked like we had the last available table but that wasn't a problem for us or the staff.

Drinks were served as we browsed the menu and both the the waitresses were friendly and made us feel very welcome.

We both ordered the steak which we both enjoyed. waiting times seemed spot on and the atmostphere was nice! I had the "Fillet House special" which was cooked to perfection! Very tasty and melted in my mouth! Compliements to the Chef! MY girlfriend also enjoyed the Rib-eye steak and new potatoes.

We were the last customers to arrive and one of the last to leave but we were not rushed and stayed for desert and coffee. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the everything about the place and i don't usually say this about steak houses but i WILL return if i am ever on the Island again!

Very satisfied customers here! :)

• Visited July 2012