Somerville Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
La Haule Manor(St Aubin)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Place(St Brelade)
Biarritz Hotel(St Brelade)
Miramar Hotel(St Brelade)
Windmills Hotel(St Brelade)
View Hotel
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa(St Brelade)
View Hotel
Beau Rivage Hotel(St Brelade)
1,046 results
All reviewstides restaurantsea viewlovely hotelcar parkdining roomafternoon teasteep hillsunday lunchan overnight stayfirst classtop classsuperb viewsst aubin's baysecond to noneevening mealsuperior roombar and restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We (me and husband) stayed at the Somerville for perhaps the seventh or eighth time for four nights over the weekend of 15 June. We stayed in one of the new garden rooms (Number Three) which was really beautiful with its own private terrace and sunbeds and of course the view which we think is one of the best in the world. As always we had a fantastic stay (and beautiful weather!) and can't wait to go back next year when we will probably stay a bit longer and definitely in one of the garden rooms.

The staff were as helpful and friendly as always - especially Joe and Neel (who makes a wonderful cafe royal in the evening) and we had a lovely relaxing few days. Looking forward to next year already!

Room Tip: Always go for a sea view - it's definitely worth it. Try the garden rooms if you want a special romantic holiday - they're very private.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debluche
dolanhotelsjersey, General Manager at Somerville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments, receiving feedback is always very useful and to have it from guests that have stayed with us so many times is especially appreciated, thank you. Our Central Reservations team look forward to your direct call for your visit next year when the best deal available will be ready for you. Kind regards David Plowright.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed here for one night, the hotel was doing a special promotion for local residents in early season and for the deal we got, we was impressed; the standard of the room, the friendly staff and the food in the restaurant. We was also lucky with the weather, we sat outside with our complementary bottle of champagne and took in the stunning views of St. Aubins Bay. Cant fault our stay and would recommend the restaurant for lunch or dinner, especially on a nice summers day, the grounds of the hotel are also a nice place just to relax with a drink.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms with stunning views
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerseymick

Many thanks for sharing your views with the readers of Trip Advisor. Whilst all guests are very welcome at the hotel it is always nice to have local Jersey residents select us for a relaxing short stay away from home. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards David Plowright.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Like a recent reviewer, I arrived at the Somerville via taxi from another accommodation place I had booked but which was unsuitable. Sylvie "took me under her wing" and arranged a lovely room for me for my three nights on Jersey. (I will be forever thankful that my airport transfer van had dropped other travellers at the Somerville first, otherwise I would not have known of its existence.) I had a beautiful view out over the bay, the bed was very comfortable, room and bathroom spotless and all the staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. The food was very tasty as well. The hotel is located on the hill overlooking St Aubin's bay and town ....which is an easy walk...and you can catch the bus into St Helier if you have no car. It is also close to the Jersey War Tunnels: I took a cab to the tunnels, then caught the bus from the tunnels into St Helier, and bus back to St Aubin's (get off at the police station). And this little mature-age traveller didn't get lost once! I would highly recommend this hotel to travellers who require top class and friendly service in all areas, quality food, and excellent accommodations. For those with an aversion to stairs, they also have a lift....my happiness was complete!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor if possible, with a view over the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Many thanks for your kind comments concerneing your recent stay at the Somerville Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were happy with all aspects of your stay. Our 3rd floor sea view rooms are indeed very popular however our newly built garden sea view rooms are proving to be even more popular with their private garden and terrace, maybe on a future visit. Your comments about Silvie have been greeted with much delight amongst the staff who now call her "Super Silvie" which indeed she is. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards David Plowright.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at the Somerville hotel Jersey (channel islands) from June 1st 2013 for four nights, to attend a special family occasion.
Amazing is a word I don't use too often when discussing hotels, but I will make an exception for the Somerville, there was nothing to disappoint me, the hotel itself, the rooms, the views, the staff and the food was excellent. Being in my early sixties, I can remember when levels of service and politeness were paramount in the public service industry, hotels etc., but sadly not so in recent years, so how fantastic was it to find service levels so high at the Somerville. The Manager, David Plowright has a great team there and deserves a big pat on the back for all the happiness they bring hotel guests.
We are already planning our next trip there in 2014.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms on the second floor have a little balcony you can stand or sit on to view St Aubins harbour.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
dolanhotelsjersey, General Manager at Somerville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Many thanks for your very kind comments, it is indeed a priviledge to be recommended that we be entered on to people's Bucket Lists" !!!. Your comments have of course been shared with the team who are all absolutely delighted that their efforts received such praise. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. Kind regards. David Plowright

Reviewed 17 June 2013

On arrival at the Somerville Hotel the first thing that my Wife said to me was "I can get used to this". We were immediately welcomed by Joe who made sure that we were comfortable before bringing in our bags! The receptionist Mario with a wealth of local knowledge always offered sound advice with regard to where to visit next. The Hotel was immaculate and the food was excellent too. If you are looking for a peaceful hotel with first class food and drink with friendly staff from the cleaner to the manager then look no further. Jersey is beautiful and the locals are very welcoming and polite. Once I know my holiday plan for next year, my Wife and I will be booking another Week at Somerville - book now!!!

Room Tip: If you are going to travel to Jersey, you need to book a room with a Sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy L
dolanhotelsjersey, General Manager at Somerville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful comments with the readers of Trip Advisor, I was obviously delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you will be returning next year. Our central Reservations Team will be looking forward to your call to give you the best deal just as we will be to welcoming you back. Kind regards David Plowright