Firstly the bad point, if you have walking difficulties this may not be the place for you as it is up a high slope of a road. If you have a car then obviously there is no problem, but if you are thinking of hiring a car at the airport I can tell you that this takes sometime and involves a short journey in a mini bus. It is far quicker to take a taxi and then hire a car at the hotel the following day. The hotel has a car park but this can get full. very quickly.
Now the good points, booking into the hotel was painless. We were exceptionally comfortable and our room was of a very high quality. The view from the bedroom and restaurant was of the entire bay and is wonderful. The staff in the restaurant were very skilful and we appreciated their attentiveness at the evening meal and at breakfast, (with one exception that is, but you can always get a weaker member of staff). The lady who worked the bar plus Vlad and Adrian were all most pleasant and helpful.
The Breakfast was good and plentiful and the evening meal was excellent with plenty of choices, plus sorbets, with coffee at the conclusion. The wines were good, but a little more expensive than expected. There is an occasional cabaret in the restaurant and this seems to attract locals and adds numbers for the meal.
Booking out at Reception was just as easy as arriving and the bill was settled in minutes. Taxis can always be booked via the Reception Staff.
An excellent hotel for a mini- break or longer in Jersey. The test we always give on leaving is
" would we go back ", the answer is " yes, without doubt ".
Thank you Somerville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin